ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682895
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Apparently today is the 30th Anniversary of The Legend of Zelda. Wow.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Well, I learned a thing or two about the anatomy of a wood chipper. This was because I also learned not to cram a ton of palm fronds in a wood chipper because palm fronds are very stringy and will clog the chipper's blade system rather quickly. During the couple hours of disassembling and reassembling of this rather simple but oddly shaped machine, I utilized all different sorts of wrenches since most of the assembly bolts on it were very difficult to reach let alone loosen and unscrew. Once disassembled, it was easy to unclog.

The End

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Christina Grimmie was shot yesterday by a loser, a maggot, a nobody while she was signing some products she was selling after a show.

I liked her, she had a nice voice, was talented and worked hard to build a career.
She was only 22 yo.

R.I.P Christina.

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/grimmie-finale/christina-grimmie-the-voice-finale-performances-10.JPG

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

They still make VCRs?

Less than a million were sold last time but still so many people are buying them, why?

Those things are so slow and inconvenient to use.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

My dog Gigi secretly use my laptop to play games on AG.
What a sneaky girl!

http://imgur.com/a/UY5g0

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

What did I learn today?
Do not ever buy magnet upgrade in Into Space 2. EVER!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned a clown has apparently threatened to show up at my school.

Don't these people have better things to do?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

That the FBI seem to try to influence the US presidential race.

That James Comey (commie) FBI director is a traitor and needs to be standing in front of a firing squad for being a mole for Russia.

If the FBI is corrupted, how safe is this country now?

Ankur7
Ankur7
48 posts
Shepherd

I learned today How slugs Breed -

Image result for How slugs breed
Slugs are hermaphrodites, having both female and male reproductive organs. Once a slug has located a mate, they encircle each other and sperm is exchanged through their protruded genitalia. A few days later the slugs lay around 30 eggs in a hole in the ground, or beneath the cover of an object such as a fallen log

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

That we'll know later tonight if the US has elected president Clinton or dictator Trump.

Onuha
Onuha
2 posts
Chancellor

I learned that there is a quest where I need to post on the forum...

No_Name9
No_Name9
1 posts
Peasant

Achivments in ArmorGames...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I learned that life is way too short... enjoy what little time we have with our loved ones. And I also learned that this is probably the 10th time that I am reminded of this, as it is something so easily forgotten while rushing through our busy lives.

greeble
greeble
17 posts
Nomad

^ Amen.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I actually learned it last week but anyway here it is.

Let say you're looking for pictures of celebrities on instagram or pinterest and you don't have an account and don't want to create one.

Go to google.com and type: site: instagram.com (name of celebrity here) or
site: pinterest.com (name of celebrity here).

Example: type site: pinterest.com Mila Kunis

then select images and enjoy.

You can refine the search by adding the word photoshoot for example.

Showing 2071-2085 of 2124