ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682869
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I learned a bit about the Karen refugees in Thailand and how some of the people in this camp have been there for over 25 years.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that "Boombastic" by Shaggy (the musical artist, not Scooby's pal) is an incredibly catchy song, while "In Da Club" by 50 Cent is a rather boring track despite it holding the #1 position for 9 weeks in 2003.

These are all opinions, of course. Except for the facts. Those, for the most part, are facts.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I went through various past armatar contests, and I learned who made which armatar. I can't wait for some of the spring and summer ones to be available. =)

Maybe I'll even try my hand at some artwork... =O

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that you don't really have to do any work in Independent Study. Pretty much you just do what you want.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned that Woody Harrelson can rock the shaved head look.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the Green Bay Packers won the first Superbowl.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that In Search of Lost Time is the longest novel in world literature. It also ranked #2 on Le Monde's 100 Books of the Century.

Such useful knowledge for someone who doesn't read books.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

By simply reading what everyone else wrote down I learned: that In Search of Lost Time is the longest novel in world literature. It also ranked #2 on Le Monde's 100 Books of the Century.
and that the Green Bay Packers won the first Superbowl

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that "Boombastic" by Shaggy (the musical artist, not Scooby's pal) is an incredibly catchy song, while "In Da Club" by 50 Cent is a rather boring track despite it holding the #1 position for 9 weeks in 2003.

In Da Club is boring? I need to listen to this "Boombastic" song if it renders "In Da Club" boring then.

Maybe I'll even try my hand at some artwork... =O

Be sure to make a thread about it. I will be looking... =)

Today, I learned that I am an extremely uptight person. I was relaxing today from the smell of the fall and when I was relaxing..... I couldn't. I still had a type of paranoia and caution about myself. I just get more entertaining by the minute....
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Be sure to make a thread about it. I will be looking... =)

If there's an armatar contest, I won't have to... there will already be a thread for it!

I learned about Breezy Point, the Manhattan neighborhood that burst into flames as a result of Sandy... it's somehow fascinating how one catastrophe can ignite another! Literally, in this case...
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned that a tree was uprooted due to Sandy...and in the roots of the tree was a skeleton (a real one)

I also learned that my girl and I could so make a band The Bunny The Bear style...me doing scream/growling vocals, her doing clean vocals. Gotta make this happen >_>

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

The Bunny The Bear style...me doing scream/growling vocals, her doing clean vocals.

Mouth & MacNeal was doing it before it was cool.

(Is it even cool?)
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Mouth & MacNeal was doing it before it was cool.

Very funny Ernie -_- haha though...I think we may have different definitions of screaming/growling apparently =p

(Is it even cool?)

Psh...Idunknow. But I've always wanted to be in a band...but I can't sing at all (yet I can do scream/growl vocals)..so I'll make it cool
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that I can still spell my name while burping! xD

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I think we may have different definitions of screaming/growling

Mostly growling coming from Mouth (the hairy one), but it's a playful growl and it's subtly hidden in his voice.

I learned that Google Instant has stopped working for me. Either I turned it off on accident or it's just not available at this time. I really don't care if I can't use it, but has anyone else experienced this recently?
Showing 226-240 of 2124