ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2135 253488
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,135 Replies
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
521 posts

I learned that no one has learned anything in the last 5 days and I'm reviving this thread so that people start learning again.

I've also learned that finding a small amount of money is actually really hard but when you don't need money it seems to throw itself at you.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
214 posts

I learned that grapefruit juice can interfere with prescription medications such as Allegra.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I learned that I am apparently still viewed as an "up-and-comer" -_-â¢

killersup10
killersup10
2,747 posts

Killersup learnt today that it is possible to piss off a cow by punching it in the face...it was hilarious though...

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,161 posts

I learned that grapefruit juice can interfere with prescription medications such as Allegra.

Today I learned the meaning of the word grapefruit. And it also interferes with some medicines used to control the level of cholesterol.

Killersup learnt today that it is possible to piss off a cow by punching it in the face...it was hilarious though..

This is something you could've known without even trying :P
samiel
samiel
425 posts

I learned that Killersup10 punched a cow

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,527 posts

I learned that we might not get much snow this winter. Sad face.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
894 posts

Killersup learnt today that it is possible to piss off a cow by punching it in the face...it was hilarious though...

Sure you're not Irish at heart?

I learned that I find school musicals boring and cheesy.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I learned that apparently John can cause quite some ruckus

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,988 posts

I learned that I am apparently still viewed as an "up-and-comer" -_-â¢

I remember that talk :P
I learned that I need to sleep more. I also learned im bad at sleeping more seeing as its just about midnight...
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
214 posts

I learned that the most popular favourite colour worldwide is blue, followed by purple and the least favourite colour is white although that isn't really a colour. Blue being the overall favourite doesn't really surprise me, but purple being second and white being the least favourite overall does.

Nyanjoe
Nyanjoe
24 posts

I learned how to be a panda today

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I learned that the most popular favourite colour worldwide is blue, followed by purple

In my world...apparently the top 2 most popular colours are the same colour XD

Also...I learned that if you translate the Quran properly..they aren't promised 72 virgins..but 72 grapes (supple, ripe, and juicy...and it is a symbol of welcome after a long journey)
killersup10
killersup10
2,747 posts

Also...I learned that if you translate the Quran properly..they aren't promised 72 virgins..but 72 grapes (supple, ripe, and juicy...and it is a symbol of welcome after a long journey)

Oh SURE! Now you tell Killersup. Well Killersup learnt today that he will not get his 72 virgins....
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I learned an awesome new joke...

"So my girlfriend called me a pedophile the other day. I told her that was an awfully big word for an 8 year old"

Showing 361-375 of 2135