ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684680
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I learned that grapefruit juice can interfere with prescription medications such as Allegra.

Today I learned the meaning of the word grapefruit. And it also interferes with some medicines used to control the level of cholesterol.

Killersup learnt today that it is possible to piss off a cow by punching it in the face...it was hilarious though..

This is something you could've known without even trying :P
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I learned that Killersup10 punched a cow

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I learned that we might not get much snow this winter. Sad face.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Killersup learnt today that it is possible to piss off a cow by punching it in the face...it was hilarious though...

Sure you're not Irish at heart?

I learned that I find school musicals boring and cheesy.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned that apparently John can cause quite some ruckus

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I learned that I am apparently still viewed as an "up-and-comer" -_-â¢

I remember that talk :P
I learned that I need to sleep more. I also learned im bad at sleeping more seeing as its just about midnight...
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I learned that the most popular favourite colour worldwide is blue, followed by purple and the least favourite colour is white although that isn't really a colour. Blue being the overall favourite doesn't really surprise me, but purple being second and white being the least favourite overall does.

Nyanjoe
Nyanjoe
23 posts
Nomad

I learned how to be a panda today

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned that the most popular favourite colour worldwide is blue, followed by purple

In my world...apparently the top 2 most popular colours are the same colour XD

Also...I learned that if you translate the Quran properly..they aren't promised 72 virgins..but 72 grapes (supple, ripe, and juicy...and it is a symbol of welcome after a long journey)
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Also...I learned that if you translate the Quran properly..they aren't promised 72 virgins..but 72 grapes (supple, ripe, and juicy...and it is a symbol of welcome after a long journey)

Oh SURE! Now you tell Killersup. Well Killersup learnt today that he will not get his 72 virgins....
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned an awesome new joke...

"So my girlfriend called me a pedophile the other day. I told her that was an awfully big word for an 8 year old"

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned where a girl I like to annoy lives, this will be fun.

I learned that we might not get much snow this winter. Sad face.

I bet it's going to be more than last year's.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I learned that I shouldn't underestimate my stamina.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

last week I learned how to disarticulate a human head, and I also learned how to remove a human brain from a skull!... and today I learned about pituitary hormones and stuffs. ... It's been a fun week

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Well...today I learned that apparently most of the waitresses at my work swallow. That was pretty...interesting

Showing 361-375 of 2124