ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684166
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Learned about Jennifer Livingston getting a mean viewer e-mail for being too obese. :P

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Today I learned that this thread exsisted..I also learned half the references my friend made last year by watching Monty Python finally, and that my math teacher used to have to design missiles or guns or seaworthy turrets that only focus on one spot, and that 'jujufruit' tastes like plastic. Also what nondisjunction was (i forgot just now though), and how to use the pen tool on adobe illustrator.
And that's alll the interesting stuff.....:P

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that, when the Tavern is as starved for activity as it is now, a thread can lie dormant for nearly three months and still remain in the 10 most recent pages of the off-topic sub-section of the very forums we know and love.

People said that this forum was desolate and inactive a year ago, but if those same people could see where the Tavern is now, they'd be on their knees praying that early 2012 would never end.

What has happened to this place?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What has happened to this place?

You and Skeleton_Pilot left. That is where the problems started. Eventually..it slowly started to die (jumped in activity for a couple weeks, actually).

I tried my best to keep it active..but one man can only do so much (there was a time where my name was in most of the Last Post for a while
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that people take RPGs way too seriously here. As in, the ones in the Forum Games, not the actual flash ones.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned that people take RPGs way too seriously here. As in, the ones in the Forum Games, not the actual flash ones.

You should see xerox in a gaming tournament...
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned what a lot of the more recent admins look like in real life. More recent meaning the ones who have entered the picture (no pun intended) since Strop posted that image of his trip to the AG office.

You and Skeleton_Pilot left. That is where the problems started.

That guy needs to get stop not existing and get back here so the Tavern isn't just some third-world country that everyone wants to leave. He made this place so much more interesting with his enthusiasm and his unconventionally conventional humor.

I wonder what he's up to these days.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I've been trying Ernie. I'm working a plan that may bring life back into the community.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup learnt that the power of middle school is un-forgiven.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that you can't have 4 guys with a basketball each, throw at the net at the same time. Its a mess, basketballs bouncing everywhere.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned what voting is like in the real world. I voted in my first actual election today.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I learned what voting is like in the real world. I voted in my first actual election today.

You're supposed to wait until the guy you voted for loses the election and then you kick the nearest crate and yell darn this democracy sucks! :P

TIL riding a horse for real is very different from riding a horse who walks the same trail three hundred times a year for several years. Suddenly technique really matters.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Today... well, it was yesterday, but I guess it doesn't matter.
I learned that having a degree in Chemistry doesn't necessarily mean you know something about Chemistry. Dedicated to my lovely boss who almost used anhydride acetic instead of anhydrous acetic acid to do a test.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

You're supposed to wait until the guy you voted for loses the election and then you kick the nearest crate and yell darn this democracy sucks! :P

I'll be sure to do that the next time I vote for an actual person. This election was only held to "elect" a new proposition for the city I live in. I doubt that anyone will get worked up enough if the proposition passes and they have to pay higher taxes to kick a crate, but I guess there are some things I've yet to see rich people do.
GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

Today (while pared with an event about a month ago) I learned that my school district will be hasty to cancel after school / outside org. activities for the smallest reasons but not even care if their's 2 feet of snow and black ice infested roads to cancel school -.- (I live in Delaware by the way)

I also learned that Driving with my mom at night while it's raining has a 100% guarantee of coming out with a head ache after all the yelling (she's afraid of everything while on the road)

Showing 406-420 of 2124