ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2134 252844
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,134 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts

I learned that the measure I voted for on Tuesday passed. I have to wonder now if it wouldn't have had I not voted for it...

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,795 posts

I learned that ooblik doesn't taste as good as it looks...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

I learned that March 8 is International Women's Day. Where would I be without the Google homepage...

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
521 posts

I learned that there vets come on AG much more than I thought.

They're just sitting there. Lurking.

I also learned that the large majority of people when asked to guess a vegetable (Guess one now) will get this.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
521 posts

Arghhh. I no say english well.

I learned that a large portion of the vets still visit AG.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts

I learned that, after shaving the beard I've had since the beginning of the school year, I still have a chin. I kind of had a hunch it was there, but I couldn't remember what it looked like.

firedog12
firedog12
240 posts

Today I learned that it's the 20th anniversary of the first Beavis and Butthead episode. (Today.) I also learned that almost all Chinese people are lactose intolerant.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,795 posts

I learned that March 8 is International Women's Day. Where would I be without the Google homepage...

OMG I know right! xD

And also I learned that the Wind Chime is an instrument. I honestly don't understand how though...
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts

I also learned that almost all Chinese people are lactose intolerant.

The ability to tolerate lactose after babyhood is actually a genetic mutation. Since China has never been a milk-drinking culture, the gene never evolved beyond it's original form in most of the population.

Scientists identify lactose intolerance mutation.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,370 posts

I learnt about the veritable importance of being earnest.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,535 posts

TIL that vicodin is amazing. I got both my left wisdom teeth pulled today and vicodin takes just about all the pain away.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
638 posts

I learned that this thread is still somehow alive.

Strop
Strop
10,841 posts

TIL that the best laid plans of mice and men...

goumas13
goumas13
4,780 posts

I learned that economic development is not the same as economic growth.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts

I learned about many unusual food flavors from reading through the entire bizarre food thread. What I really can't believe is how many of them I already knew about.

Showing 436-450 of 2134