ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2132 252080
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,132 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,137 posts

Today I learned...

Just because your playing dodgeball, it doesn't mean that your face is the team's meat shield.

That mating calls actually work but work in the wrong way.

And that pi will be with circles no matter what.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

And that pi will be with circles no matter what.

And phi will be with you (and us), no matter what
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,255 posts

I learned that eating excessive amounts of chocolate also makes my allergies go away.
I could sell this stuff as a cure, couldn't I. XD

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts

Today I learned that I can leave this laptop that has been charging all day with the charger cord in it in the hotel room, and my sister can still find a way to drain all the battery in under two hours.

I can't figure out why she would have unplugged the charger cord unless she had moved it somewhere else and put it in the exact same place when the battery was gone, but that just seems like an odd thing to do.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

I learned that converting your laptop into an oscillator isn't a good idea. It took 3 days to restore everything.

Oh well, it was still a fun project. :P

SSTG
SSTG
12,615 posts

I learned that ( hot babe) Olga Kurylenko speaks french.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
214 posts

I learned that what I would normally call a "pepper" New Zealanders call "Capsicum".

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

I learned that WoodenToaster* responded to one of my tweets today. Makes a man swoon

*WoodenToaster is a big name within the brony community. Probably one of the biggest amongst the fan-base

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,387 posts

Today I learned why Ernie15 is awesome. I have finally reached enlightenment.

ethanjensen
ethanjensen
29 posts

I learned that you don't learn much each day

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,526 posts

That litter pisses me off. Seriously, on a drive earlier and there was some everywhere I looked. What the hell is wrong with people? Can't you just hold onto it until you find a trash can?

Today I learned why Ernie15 is awesome. I have finally reached enlightenment.

Who?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,328 posts

Perhaps it's not a good idea to do pity dates.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,255 posts

Two things: Don't go outside after a thunderstorm, the air will be full of mosquitos.
And this other one's a few days ago, in which you should not take a dare to run around the house three times when there's a tornado watch. Second lap, the clouds opened up and I got soaked in three seconds.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

Just learned that Vizzed has LoZ OoT!!! Hell Yeah!!

Showing 511-525 of 2132