ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684641
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Every time R2 brings that up I want to smash my fist into a superpunch through the monitor and hit R2 in the face.
Also, I forgot to say I learned that there's about 2700 kids at my school. Aiyaa~
And I learned that R2 randomly googles people's usernames, because how else would he have found that? 0_o Stalker R2.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

That I shouldn't be wasting time here and should get some huge projects done.

I learned that poetry can be used in Science class.

5 years ago, I wrote a rap about vitamins for a group project:

Yo, it's time for a rap, so let's recap;
Vitamin A, that's what I say,
It's soluble in fat, you should know this,
If you take too much you get hypervitaminosis.
Vitamin B, there's too many types to see;
Vitamin C: if you don't get enough, you get scurvy.
Vitamin D lets you walk free,
Vitamin E can be found in kiwi,
Folate helps lower the death rate,
Vitamin K can prevent your doomsday.
That's all I've got to say; take your vitamins every day.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I reinforced the distinction that cyclic hydrocarbons are not necessarily aromatic and a bunch of other things.

Just going over notes before the Organic Chemistry final tomorrow.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that Hunger Games can be used in math. Boy did my teacher take an advantage with that.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

^ A man bludgeoned another mans head in with a rock, there were 10 people before, how many are there now? :P Anyways what I learned is that if you get time to work on an essay, nobody works on it and just talks.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

A man bludgeoned another mans head in with a rock, there were 10 people before, how many are there now?

Ok I learned that I married Storm's sister and Silver is my dad.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that my friends made a messed up fambly tree so I put R2 & Silver on it.

Hikakin_Fan
Hikakin_Fan
396 posts
Lord

I learned that I get mad when I fail at bowling.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that my laptop can evade 90% of operating system restrictions with 0 glitches. I got 5 softwares that don't even mention Windows 8 and yet they work fine.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that if my sister does a flying jump onto my legs to wake me up on Friday, they start hurting today. Also I learned that if I'm simply swallowing some pills as medicine, people automatically assume I'm getting high.
Ah, highschool.

Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

i learned today that a broad topic that anybody can answer to can last for almost a whole year and still be on the first page!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Seniors are idiots. This happened. The 'other substances' they mention are listed but not limited to: piss, gatorade, semen, and other bodily fluids.
It's supposed to be worse tomorrow. Fun.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Today (or, yesterday) I learned that it was my profile's 3 year birthday for AG

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

On my vacation, I learned that in Atlanta, Georgia there was the Olympics and a bomb that blew up, years ago. And apparently if your staying in a hotel near Disney, no matter how fancy the hotel is, you cannot get Cartoon Network.

I also learned that Quality hotels aren't very quality.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Today I learned that punching a wall out of rage makes a big fist sized dent in the wall, and makes your hand hurt like hell.

Showing 526-540 of 2124