ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684183
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

Oh dang, it didn't work. Let's see if this will work... http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/Gamerguy12345/fe023679-8a30-4843-853f-dd6ab07886e0_zps4ab92448.jpg

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that 134 different users have posted in this thread thus far... count them if you don't believe me!

On a related note, I learned about this wonderful site called shrib, which is an online notepad you can use to take notes while browsing the internet!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

count them if you don't believe me!

I learned that apparently names like "NoobSlayer3000" is recognized by my browser...but not my name.

On a related note, I learned about this wonderful site called shrib, which is an online notepad you can use to take notes while browsing the internet!

Or you could just open a notepad from your computer =p
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that you can't eat breakfast outside in Chico without attracting flies.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned of the word pique.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

My energy and lifts haven't changed without creatine.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

There are at least 18 games onsite with level editors that haven't yet been tagged accordingly.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I learned that, somehow unbeknownst to me, 90% of a post can just vanish before I click "Submit". I must have hit Cntrl+Z before I posted it? Even though I don't think I did?

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that NBA player Pau Gasol is of Catalan descent. I think I know who kegau's favorite basketball player is... =D

I learned that apparently names like "NoobSlayer3000" is recognized by my browser...but not my name.

It doesn't matter how ridiculous your username might be... as long as there's a number in there somewhere, your browser recognizes it!

So if your name is eaigolkfdngflkgsklgsfgnfi, obviously your browser has no idea what to make of that... but if your username is eaigolkfdngflkgsklgsfgnfi1, your browser should have no problem with it!

Disregarding the fact, of course, that both usernames are invalid due to having too many characters. =P

Or you could just open a notepad from your computer =p

You mean, open a word document... and save it... on my computer?! Get this madman out of here at once!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So if your name is eaigolkfdngflkgsklgsfgnfi, obviously your browser has no idea what to make of that... but if your username is eaigolkfdngflkgsklgsfgnfi1, your browser should have no problem with it!

Well I'll be..

Today I learned this^
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that posting in Forum Games no longer counts towards forum posts, at least for the time being. I hope you all enjoyed it while it lasted.

You know who you are.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned that posting in Forum Games no longer counts towards forum posts, at least for the time being. I hope you all enjoyed it while it lasted.

Wait really??

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
Spirytysta
Spirytysta
94 posts
Scribe

I've learn a lot about pupil's ways to explore world and I've know new methods to help them in releasing their potential :P

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that the NCAAM basketball season has started. I also saw that my adopted team is in the top 10 of the rankings, not that they mean much at this point.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

How to bowl properly.

Showing 691-705 of 2124