ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682890
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Learned how to play Aerials by System of a Down on bass

Replace bass with guitar.
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I learned that going 100 meters down a near-vertical slope in -15C weather with over 2 feet of snow everywhere while wearing snowshoes in a wooded area 30 minutes after the sun has gone down is a very...very bad idea.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Suite-Pee by SOAD

In the process of learning Know

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Today I learned that the postal service doesn't deliver packages if you live on a first floor. You have to go to the postal office and pick it up... Mmm, no comments.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Mmm, no comments.

WTF?!... ROFL. Man (woman), ever get that feeling of getting old a little early?
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I decided to use my GF's old tablet. It's a Toshiba Thrive 32 MB / 10 inch screen...
I learned that tablets are the last thing you want to get if you're looking for privacy and it's also a money pit.
I finally fixed it so I can read my eBooks and listen to Internet radio at bed time.
It's a new learning experience for me because I've been using desktops and laptops only since 1997.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

That this thread got stickied. Seriously, it took me a while to find it.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I learned that if you write a letter to a foreign dictator, they will send you almost anything you ask for.

I also learned that the Me 321 Gigant was made of wood. Who Knew?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

@Pieguyme you are going to need to explain that first one

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I went to Motts Military Museum today. The owner and curator, Mr. Motts, gave us a tour himself. He showed us some pictures, a flag, and some paintings Saddam Hussein sent him in response to four letters sent from Motts directly to Hussein. That's what I meant.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Learned that I know Tom Araya's daughter.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I learned that "Long Journey Home" is apparently in the key of C.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I learned that Christmas Trees sure they burn with a lot of smoke and crackling, nearly set the house on fire.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I learned that Christmas Trees sure they burn

Well-nigh explode, don't they. Good you have the house still standing :O

(From the tssk-tssk, don't try this at home dept.)
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that the ending of Terminator 2 is to guys what the ending of Titanic is to women. Emotional.

Showing 811-825 of 2124