ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684109
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Oh, bunnies. It's impressive the amount of stuff people learn a day.

I've learned that being in transit - in a bus - and having to wait for a car move out of the way causes quite a noise. Almost all of the 60-70 passengers of the bus started asking why the bus had stopped and was honking it's horn.

I've also learned that CTRL + SHIFT + T can reopen the last closed tab in Chromium-like browsers. Pretty useful for when you accidentally closes a tab.

And I've learned how to calibrate a measuring system - like a pachymeter or so. They use blocks with standard, well-known measurements to adjust the precision of the system. I've also learned that those blocks are expensive. Trust me, it's like engineering school. XD

ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

I learned that google mail checker can be really helpful when your having a conversation and your doing something else.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I don't wander the halls very often since I spend most of my work hours in the gym, but today I did and I was fortunate to see a student leaning coolly against the front of a water fountain... he thought he was so cool as he leaned back against the button, unbeknownst to him he was wetting the back of his shirt! xD

Moral of the story: don't lean on water fountains!

ShadowDrake
ShadowDrake
6 posts
Nomad

I learned they are giving more leeway to english people to beat up burglars in their homes! May not be very interesting but sure is a learning curve for those burglars!

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I learned that jettisoning from a helicopter from high up and not using a parachute does not end well... O f course, not in real life, though, a game.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I learned that anatomy teachers find human skeletons in closets. O.o

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that I can still get new building ideas for CTC2PP even though I made about 3000 levels. :O

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

While microwaving frozen corn dogs, I learned that the box they come in gives terrible directions. I had to heat them up three times because the time the box told me to heat it up for was completely off.

This is just an inference, but I don't think you have to be qualified to do anything to be the person who writes directions for frozen meals.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that distillation is a bit complicated and is awful to do when you are a impatient person. The freaking thing wouldn't boil!!! I was so mad!!!

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that tomorrow is 10/11/12! I better pay close attention so I can tell the "Why was 6 afraid of 7" joke and say the punchline at 12:34 and 56 seconds! =D

Not that I'm going to actually do that, but it's a cool idea!

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

Stupidity is bliss.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that music has the ability to make you cry... Im not going to say who was crying though, just something I learned.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Well, I learned that some people think that the Physics C test I will be taking is easy. Others think it is hard.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that Joe Biden can kick butt when his foot is not in his mouth. xD

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that I have a couple of issues when I type. Some times when I say something that has a "b" in it I accidentally put a &quot" in it. And it is the same case when I say "I" many times I accidentally put "a". Some of the errors from self teaching yourself how to type I guess.

Showing 91-105 of 2124