ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682547
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that the number for the 925 area code was created by adding the 415 and 510 area codes together.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that a new round has begun in the CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest.

Congratulations to @Theoprastus and his winning castle.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hide your mutts and hide your poodles! I just learned that Moe is a master at kicking puppies.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Hide your Pikinezes and hide your Legs because he is kicking everything out there. We will get you moe!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that I'll go nuts if I can use this wonderful website at least once every 2 days.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned of the new Forum Fridays. Also my cookies made it to the front page.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned what this means:
ë¹ì ì íìë"¤ì- ëí ë'ë ¤ì´ í ë ê¸ì§ ìì¨ì ì¥ë¡ë"¤ì´ì-ë ê¸ì§ í ë í¼ë ì¤ì½"íëë" ì- ë¶ì¤ë  í ë ê¸ì§ ê±°ì ë-¼ì 공격ì ë°ê³  ê¸ì§ í ë ì-¬ë¬ë¶ì ë ë­ë¹ì- ê°'ì¼ ë¶í ê¸ì§ í ë.

(It's Korean)

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

It reads well (what's left of it), but I can't say that part about geese and chalk adds much to the story.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that AG's forum base can recognize some, but not all, Korean characters.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned what @MrDayCee looks like.

And that CD collection...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that putting a triangle over the arrow in chemical equations means heat.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

A few minutes after my post at 5:35pm just above, I noticed a Find Me button on the Hero Board. I'm not sure how long it's been there, for I do not frequent the Hero Board, but I learned that such a button exists, even if its abilities have not yet been installed.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Learned a "Right on Red" law that is going to help me win this court case B-)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Can now play Lavender Town theme and Opening Theme for Pokemon Red/Blue on bass

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that my friend's girlfriend can truly sing.

Showing 1126-1140 of 2124