ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2132 252096
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,132 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,302 posts

I learned that George Clooney is apparently related to Abe Lincoln.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,876 posts

Today I learned that Gang Garrison 2 is a pretty cool game.

MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

[quote=themastaplaya]No, I never was! Why do you think that I was![/quote]

Must've mistaken you for another, sorry, stuff happens.

And for such articulate reasons, too. Hmm.

gh0sts
gh0sts
877 posts

I learned that the merit prize for winning the contest takes much longer than I expected, unless my comment has not yet been seen.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,433 posts

I learned that I've started three threads that are now on the first page of the Tavern that have over 1,000 replies.

I learned that the merit prize for winning the contest takes much longer than I expected, unless my comment has not yet been seen.

Usually it doesn't take this long, but the admins are quite busy, so if worse comes to worst, you can always give Ferret a tap on the shoulder as a friendly reminder.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,161 posts

I've learned... well, I've been reminded of how cruel somebody can be with other people's suffering. Even if you've know them for years. Mmm, people can be really surprising, not always in a good way.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,161 posts

P.S.: also learned that @MacII has decided to change my pretty black rose for this (also nice) knight in love. I didn't know who you were o.O

gh0sts
gh0sts
877 posts

I learned that @themastaplaya has apparently been banned. Not sure why I linked to his profile.

you can always give Ferret a tap on the shoulder as a friendly reminder.

Will do.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

You can't have links in the stuff to the side on one's profile. Really bumming man

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,139 posts

Learned that a girl on the bus, who sits a seat up and across the aisle, supposedly found a Trojan condom, still in the package, in her mirror make-up thing which was in her backpack.

Supposedly its still on the bus somewhere.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts

I learned that having a favorite song play on Pandora can fight off irritation.

SSTG
SSTG
12,615 posts

I learned that I'd like to be the first human to colonize IO.(a Jupiter Moon)
I like cold so...
Seriously, I love cold, snow, Ice. Taking a walk in the evening while it is snowing is my favorite activity in the World.
Fun fact, I always had a GF in Winter time because I get all my powers from cold and snow. All I have to do is smell snow and BOOM, my super powers (inner Yeti) appear! xD

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,139 posts

my super powers (inner Yeti) appear!

Learned that SSTG is furry on the inside. May make a theory about that later.
SSTG
SSTG
12,615 posts

Learned that SSTG is furry on the inside. May make a theory about that later.

Too late! xD
Showing 1126-1140 of 2132