ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684610
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Apparently a man changed his name to a 99 character long name after losing a bet. His name is now: 'Full Metal Havok More Sexy N Intelligent Than Spock And All The Superheroes Combined With Frostnova' No joke, that's his actual name now.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You should have added in how he didn't find out it was approved until quite sometime later

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that Singin' in the Rain is a good movie no matter how many times you watch it. I also learned to never click on a link called hypnotoad, and that having exactly 618 posts is not something I'm planning on doing.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that there's a 100-character limit for names in New Zealand.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that I really suck at graphing parabolas and stuff... I can only look forward to the future ._.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Happened yesterday, but whatevs.

Learned to play From the Sky by Gojira

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Round 7 has begun in the CTC2PP Custom Castle Contest.

Congratulations to @Theoprastus and his winning castle.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Been learning once again of late that if you aspire to work towards a Brave New World and all that, a group of 10-30 to start with may be a little overly ambitious...

Humans, grumph.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Learned about the Mere Addition Paradox. Interesting stuff

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that I'm not incredibly well-known in this community. At least I'm succeeding in staying under the radar.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Learned to play Reflection by Tool

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I learned that there is at least one spider in existence that can design a silk winch capable of hauling an unsedated weevil (~5x its size) off its footing in ~1/8 of a second.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that this video exists.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that I am not getting enough exercise and that long walks can be pretty painful for your feet.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I actually learned this yesterday, but there's a new commenting system in the profiles and the flash games on a website called ArmorGames.com I recommend the site to you all.

Showing 1201-1215 of 2124