ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684005
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that apparently my friend's house burned down yesterday. I should have been there. D:

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

I learned that it doesn't matter if I lock myself in my bedroom and try to stay away from everyone, my brother will always walk in as if he's the king of the world. - But I have also learned that pretending to kick him where the sun don't shine, makes him run away. *Evil laugh*

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I have also learned that pretending to kick him where the sun don't shine, makes him run away. *Evil laugh*

You changed from being an adorable british person to a monster in one day. This is not the sexy multiple personality thing I'm seeing right now. Please, someone, help me I think she's going to kill me in my sleep...

Today I learned that I, a person who's hardly participated in the practices of finances and resume writing is highly sought after for advice and guidance regarding those two fields. Go figure.

I also learned that I am highly skilled in the fields of finances and resume writing.
LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

Please, someone, help me I think she's going to kill me in my sleep...

Hey Mino, I think you may be psychic
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that because a girl in my math class was loud when we had a sub, my teacher gave the whole class detentions for a week ._.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that Sears won't deliver automotive/marine batteries to my house.

It looks like I'm rowing tomorrow. :|

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Round 8 has begun in the CTC2PP Custom Castle Contest.

Congratulations to @Theoprastus and his winning castle.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned by reading a few comments up that Lauren is more awesome than I thought she was, which I didn't know was possible.
I also learned today that dump trucks in the UK are called tipper lorries.

Yesterday I learned all about wearable tech, probably something I should make a thread on soon. Someone remind me about that.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

You changed from being an adorable british person to a monster in one day.

That happened to me when I moved to Australia. If I learned anything today, it's that people just can't appreciate fine cuisine. Those people can all go to hell or Subway for all I care.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that if you try to comment out link(s) on your profile with greater than and less than symbols then everything below that and above (and including) the number of posts you have etc. become link(s) to said commented out link(s).

~Manly

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Learned that apparently pang left AG...

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Learned that apparently pang left AG...

It's only a matter of time before he "comes back" lol

I learned that Alex Pang is a pheg
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that comments from the legacy system are currently being transferred into the Disqus system. They seem to be going in chronological order by join date, so right now the profiles that were made before mid-late 2008 have had their comments converted. @firetail_madness currently has 21851 comments on his page, all in Disqus format.

For those of you who were racing and trying to leave the first comment on everyone's profile, now said comments are out of place and awkward. So for those of you who were previously asking, "Could those 'first!' comments really look any more ridiculous?" my answer for you is affirmative.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I learned that the movie youth in revolt is not as funny as a movie with Michael cera, Justin long and steve buscemi should be

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It's only a matter of time before he "comes back" lol

I think you are getting pang confused with me.
Showing 1231-1245 of 2124