ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684171
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I too learned that The Tavern is way up at the top, and that I have a dentist appointment on Friday that I apparently scheduled months ago without realizing it.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

That my hourly wage will increase from $11 to $17 if I stay with the company throughout the summer.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that it is possible to walk 20 miles in a day.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I've learned you can bold, italicize and underline things in Disqus using HTML code.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Do not leave skateboards lying around, and if you do watch out for them.. and make sure you arent carrying a large soda when you slip on one!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that the majority of legacy comments have now been converted to Disqus format (Disqustomized), and thus @firetail_madness is no longer the top commenter on AG.

He hasn't been the top commenter since sometime in 2012. Disqus is just confirming what has been the case for years.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned what a Dogecoin is.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That Disqus accounts can be mixed up. My AG one (Salvidian) is sometimes the default one on other websites I use (Loudwire, IGN, Rolling Stone) and my other Disqus account (real name) is sometimes the one that is logged in by default on here. So I have to refresh if the wrong one comes up.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Today I learned what a Dogecoin is.

Someone is behind by months.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Round 11 has begun in the CTC2PP Custom Castle Contest. I'll give you a free donut if you read this text.

Congratulations to @Arm_Candy and his winning castle.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I learned how to get free donuts!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that BlueDec hasn't worked forc Bethesda Softworks in years, explains a good deal really.

~Manly

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that disqus doesn't show up on Juno. Yay...

Akatsuki_Kojou
Akatsuki_Kojou
199 posts
Viceroy

I learned that I still have no idea what to post even after lurking in the community for hours.
Also learned that now I can last on 5 hours of sleep per day. It seems to be decreasing steadily.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that the anime I've been waiting for for months aired today, but only on livestream, and I missed it by ten minutes because I was sleeping.

Showing 1291-1305 of 2124