ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2141 257911
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,141 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
12,678 posts
Templar

I learned that I'm a heat healer. I need to research further into this because what this woman says is exactly what I do and feel.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381272/How-I-Ive-got-healing-hands--scoff-like-too.html

I mentioned this in another thread a while ago,. I don't remember which one it was though. Anyway there was this old lady that my wife knew.
She had swollen legs because she couldn't walk because of her serious breathing issues.
One day we were at her house and I wrapped my hand around her ankle and kept it there for 10 minutes. When I removed my hand, the swelling was gone.
When my dog Noel was alive, he had some stomach troubles and I would put my hand on his stomach for a while and he felt better. He would lay on his back, look at me then started relaxing.

I have very hot hands and sometimes I'm so hot that I'm miserable.
Maybe If I learn how to channel this heat, I could use it for a good purpose.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,257 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the 8th grade graduation blew. The only fun part was me and my friends making fun of people and making noises.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,794 posts
Count

I learned that I shouldn't use a BB gun to trim my fingernails.

*facedesk*

I learned that Bootcamp by Jay Hardway makes me want to explode because it's so amazing.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,492 posts
Scribe

I learned that my mouse has a back button on it where my thumb goes. I've known this since the day I bought it, but I had apparently forgot that it was there, as my thumb accidentally triggered the button in the middle of a long and successful Gemcraft Labyrinth stage.

So what did I really learn? I have to keep my thumbs away from that button at all costs.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,876 posts
Shepherd

Today I learned that trying to take a break from AG isn't possible. Evidence? I tried to take a hiatus, but 3 weeks isn't exactly it... Also, @daleks

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,487 posts
Herald

I learned that EA (in their excellency) is giving out BF3 to PC players.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Today I learned that our new Xfinity router, which is four times as fast as our current (now previous) Internet, is actually ten times slower than our current (now previous) Internet. It is unbelievably slow, especially on my brand-new HP laptop that ran extremely fast online until now. Thanks, new router.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,286 posts
Scribe

I learned how to put my hair up with a stick. woohoo feminine things

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,487 posts
Herald

I learned why I can only download things at 1/10 my internet speed.

09philj
09philj
2,876 posts
Scribe

I learned that vacuuming stairs is harder than it looks.

gh0sts
gh0sts
877 posts
Farmer

I learned that 50 Cent cannot throw a baseball to save his life.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,682 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that I shouldn't waste time surfing the internet.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

I learned that there is a new quest for adding a new friend to your friends list. I completed the quest not on my own profile, however, but on the profile I use for the CTC2PP Hall of Fame. So now my alternate profile has a quest that I don't have.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,303 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that in 6 days is me and my girl's anniversary. ='

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,257 posts
Treasurer

I learned that in 6 days is me and my girl's anniversary. ='

I learned that the FGA has a gender.
Showing 1441-1455 of 2141