Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Signatures

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 12:35pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,240 posts

Knight

More then ten seconds. It allows you to customize your font, size, colour, text effects without having to code it for yourself. It saves a huge amount of time. Currently, it requires one to constantly remember to copy and paste, or edit painstakingly, especially for new comers.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 4:17pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Didn't they remove coloured text and effects several months ago? Why would they decide to bring those back?

I'm all for a signature feature if it's limited amount of text and same as or slightly bigger than regular text, anything other than that can be quite annoying. I've been on forums that have signatures, and seeing all those colours and effects makes the forum ugly.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 5:14pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,094 posts

I thought they removed them because people were abusing it by impersonating mods/admins would colored text, and/or making galaxy size text.

If it was restricted to signatures, it would be obvious they aren't mods/admins because the rest of the post will be black, and galaxy size text will require scrolling.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 5:33pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,587 posts

I thought they removed them because people were abusing it by impersonating mods/admins would colored text, and/or making galaxy size text.

That didn't seem to happen much. Instead, the problem was with inappropriate redirect links. Besides, HTML is still allowed on abouts.

Posted Oct 29, '12 at 1:49pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,240 posts

Knight

Given that HTML is still allowed on the about, AG's stance doesn't seem to be very and entirely clear.

Jacen or someone has already proposed a turn off function for the more queasy and epileptic. Limiting signatures to plain text that seems just an extension of a post defeats the very purposes of having a signature in the first place, which is to make each user more unique, stand out, and to gve a general sense of him or her without profile clicking.

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 8:53pm

Alexandra222

Alexandra222

3,002 posts

I've been to some threads and they keep the signature space to a limited. So if someone posts the tallest tower in the world, about 70% or it gets cut off. So maybe if you are planning to use signatues, make sure there is limited characters and if the immage is too big, cut off some parts.

So this way, people will resort to image hosting sites and shrink pictures they find so they don't get cut off if it's too big.

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 12:48am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

There isn't really much point to having an image in your signature, unless said image was one of your name.

I don't really mind signatures on a forum, but I just think it makes the forum look less professional with the colour craze.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 6:52pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

We already have usernames, armatars and rank icons showing up for each post. Granted, apart of the username, the possibilities are rather restricted; but the armatars are somehow a distinctive feature of AG so letting us design individual avatars is probably out of question.

All of the personal information is kept on the side of the post, and usually there is still some free place left below it depending on the length of the comment. How about using that space for more individual configuration like a signature that would automatically resize to a max size if it's too big? That would somehow keep the signature frenzy away from the actual post.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 6:06am

zonic98

zonic98

558 posts

Less professional, you say? I don't think a small picture or couplelines of text would ruin anything.

Posted Nov 4, '12 at 8:06am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

If you saw something like this at the bottom of every post.

http://www.auplod.com/u/odplua1ce53.png

Would you not get annoyed after a while?

Reply to Signatures

You must be logged in to post a reply!