ForumsNewcomers ForumWhats the red dot for?

29 2250
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,290 posts

In the top of every profile I see a red dot. Does anyone know what that's for?

• 29 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,096 posts

It was a button in the profiles that told you if the user in question was online. It stopped working two, maybe three years ago.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,301 posts

What? Its not working anymore? Awww. I wish admins would fix it. Thats just sad. Why wont they just delete the dot then? So the memory is gone.

-Jeff

vinster132
vinster132
5,969 posts

What? Its not working anymore? Awww. I wish admins would fix it. Thats just sad. Why wont they just delete the dot then? So the memory is gone.

-Jeff

It's because of lag.
boppins
boppins
699 posts

I'll get it working again.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,398 posts

It was a button in the profiles that told you if the user in question was online. It stopped working two, maybe three years ago.

Oh, how convenient! =) But didn't it create lag for users?

=O You are AG's magical Administrator site helper! =O
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,587 posts

YOU'RE A MAGIC MAN!!!!
armor games is once again in your debt good sir
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
13,323 posts

They actually tried to fix it over a year ago, but this failed and created a lot of lag, so they disabled it again. =/

Here comes another lamb to the slaughterhouse... sorry for my pessimistic view of the matter boppins, but there have been people before you that have tried and failed...
I'm not saying that I don't have any confidence in you, en contrare - I do!, but history has prooven me right so far...

*fingers crossed*

"I hope he's the real messiah..."
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,290 posts

You better cause that button is just a waste by it just sitting there.
Unkown
Unkown
974 posts

I'm surprised you kept a broken button for so long in the first place XP

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,277 posts

I'm surprised you kept a broken button for so long in the first place XP

Removing it could lead to more problems. Websites with gadgets like the red dot are often connected throughout. Taking one block out could make the entire site topple over like a good game of Jenga.
AceofSky
AceofSky
769 posts

My Thread Regarding This Matter.

Devoidless posted Jul 3, '11 at 12
I like to pretend that it is a little green guardian angel for every user.

I have little faith in you, many others have tried, but none have prevailed without inducing mass lagging throughout the profiles.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,536 posts

It's back. Interesting, they were going to add in something like this in AG3 but they decided to just do it for AG2.

jeol
jeol
3,875 posts

It's back. Interesting, they were going to add in something like this in AG3 but they decided to just do it for AG2.

:O I guess Boppins did get around to it!

Also, I see that those without a rank yet now have a shield instead of a dash.
boppins
boppins
699 posts

It's working again.

And if someone is online there will be a brief message about where they are on the site (underneath 'Member since').

At some point we may add an incognito option if you want to remain invisible on the site.

boppins
boppins
699 posts

jeol: I also fixed a couple broken images, like the one you mentioned. a brand new user, or someone with < 10 points, gets the shield icon as their rank.

Also, if you had an invalid country in your profile it showed a broken image -- fixed that.

Showing 1-15 of 29