Blacksmith

Who else loves this song I listen to it like 5 times a day

Gangnam Style

• 107 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Knowing the song was korean made me think about North Korea, and at that point I couldn't help but wonder what North Koreans would think about our western civilization watching this video. Lol.

ariannekic
ariannekic
14 posts
Nomad

Knowing the song was korean made me think about North Korea, and at that point I couldn't help but wonder what North Koreans would think about our western civilization watching this video. Lol.

I don't think North Koreans even bother with South Korean entertainment. Don't they like exist in their own side of the peninsula?
I love kpop. It's good to see other people appreciating music. Props to oppa Psy for having the most liked video on youtube!
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Am I the only one who noticed that PSY goes underwater with goggles in a spa bath with a naked man sitting in there?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Meh, I don't understand the hype about this song. I prefer Ezio's Family or Bach's Cello Suite No. 1.

AngelicDreams
AngelicDreams
44 posts
Nomad

didn't a bunch of lifeguards get fired for recreating that video?

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Does anyone here realize the "Gangnam Style" is actually a satire on the exuberance of rich people's lives in Korea? It's social commentary.

And it's catchier than almost any other K-pop song I've heard.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I saw this video and I was so disturbed and impressed at the same time. I loved it! I saw it last night and it was cool. The dancing was pretty cool to.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Wopa Gandalf style

That's just a loop of Gandalf nodding to Gangnam Style. There's nothing impressive or interesting about it.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Over-rated and over-hyped.
I bet before Gangam Style nobody even knew what k-pop was.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Never heard it until I clicked on this thread. Annoying: yes. Quality: To quote the Old Man from Pawn Stars, "Not only no, but hell no." Now this is stuck in my head. If you need me, I'll be blasting Black Sabbath.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I heard of k-pop about Gangnam Stlye. I never listen to k-pop music before that though.
All I have to say is that the dance is...interesting and the song is actually catchy despite not knowing most of the lyrics.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've known about it for years. Ever since Bulldog Mansion came out with that "It's My Birthday" song the genre has been sitting there in the back of my mind. I never thought it would get this popular, though; I heard Gangnam Style on the radio for the first time just yesterday and a part of me was actually surprised.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I only learned what this 'Gangnam style' was all about as recent as last saturday! (o.O)

I saw this thread, but disgarded it as it didn't intrigue me enough to open it... sorry Ernie, even seein you had posted in it didn't trigger my interest! Forgive me? =)

As for the song : hmmmm, yeah... ok... I can get it. Pretty easy dance song with some catchy lyrics, even though they are pretty meaningless, but hey... what dance song lyrics are nowadays?

And about the video : *facepalms* Really?! (o.O) LOL The dance is a superb example of a commercially good thought out gimmick! I saw this saturday during my first aqcuintance with this song. Looked weird at the time, but very clear after seeing the video!

Plus... a BIG PLUS... I got to meet Psy's partner in crime through discovering this video! He even released a second version of Gangnam Style together with Hyun_A Kim! What a lady... *breaks a sweat* (o.O)

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

What a lady... *breaks a sweat* (o.O)

I was thinking the same thing when I saw her in the subway in the original video... I didn't know she could sing too!
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

i dont know anything about this song

fries, your missing out. You should watch the video.
Showing 16-30 of 107