ForumsThe TavernUnder 13yr Members

76 12359
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

i went 5 pages back and couldn't find this so i brang it up myself

What do you think about people joining armorgames when they're under 13? I personally think its fine if they're over 10

Pazx
  • 76 Replies
baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

I think it would be fine as long as the dudes parent filled a form of some sort.

thunderpants
thunderpants
78 posts
Nomad

i cannt see anything wroug about them joining because they can go on normaly if they dont have a acount on armor games

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Well why is there an age limit?Anybody could be spammers no matter what their age and people under 13 might not be spammers.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

It has nothing to do with spammers. It has to do with the content of the website.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Oh and do you have to be from America to be a member?

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I think it would be fine as long as the dudes parent filled a form of some sort.

How would the site know the kid didn't fill out the form?
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

i was 12 when i joined armorgames now then i stopped for like 4 months now im 13

scientifico
scientifico
68 posts
Nomad

@asherlee
what sort of innapropiate content is ther that they can't already acess? the only difference between being a member a not being a member is that they can't post. shouldn't there be a limit to the website instead? sorry if i seemed critical.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Can someone answer my question please?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

You can be from anywhere to be a member, but you DO have to be more than 13 years old. This is not the choice of Armor Games, but an actual law that must be followed for interactive sites such as these.

However, if you are under 13 but have a parental consent form you can be on the site.

User Agreement: "This Site is offered and made available only to users thirteen (13) years of age or older who reside in the United States of America, its territories and possessions (U.S.). If you are not yet 13 years old or the required greater age for certain features, or do not reside in the U.S., please discontinue using the Site immediately, or if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, please discontinue using the Site immediately because by using or attempting to use the Site, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age"

The US resident thing does not apply, that was put in there by accident. But the 13 year old rule is an actual law that Armor Games must abide by. And every member who signs up for the site agrees that they are 13 years or older.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

thanks carlie.

um... how do you get a parental consent form? (lol, I guess i need one now)

and another thing, if you make a shared account between older friends (yes I know its not a good idea, I didn't do it) or like a family account (eg, you sign up with your dad or older sibling or something) Is that ok? I didn't actually do any of those but it might clear things up.

Creis
Creis
7 posts
Nomad

I say any age can join, there's no reason why nobody under 13 can join hehe

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

um... how do you get a parental consent form? (lol, I guess i need one now)

I will check with the Admins on that, to see if there is a type of form or something.

I say any age can join, there's no reason why nobody under 13 can join hehe

It is an actual law. If it was up to Armor Games we wouldn't be restricting it like that, but we have to.
IRuleya
IRuleya
210 posts
Nomad

well i would say that members under 13 are aloud depending on what they are playing and who they are talking to...now I don't think it is that bad for people under 13 to be on here...i was 12 when i signed up for this,BUT,i turned 13 not too long after that, so i'm not too against under aged members

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I thought it might be a law, an unfair one anyway, theres no bad content on this site and you can't swear or anything.

and will someone answer my question about fam accounts (i got the idea from runescape, lol)

And if you are sick of us kids having bad grAmMEr/speelinn (that was a joke, i can spell) i'm afraid you have to accept it.

hooray for armor games

Showing 46-60 of 76