ForumsThe TavernCoffee

38 7815
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I've been a slave to the coffee mug since I was twelve, anything from a single to four cups a day. Black, 3 in 1, no sugar, milk or no milk, hot or cold it doesn't matter. I need my fix, especially at breakfast.

How do the rest of you view coffee? Experiences?

• 38 Replies
SwordmasterQ
SwordmasterQ
29 posts
Nomad

Did you know that coffee is a fruit?

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I use to hate Coffee, I had it one time and I never wanted a cup again. But something happened.. I changed, and I started liking Coffee. The first time I had Coffee I was 7, and I hated it. Ever since I never wanted a cup. 7 years later I got really bored so a question came through my mind "Why do people like Coffee? What is up with this Coffee addiction?!". So I fixed myself a cup and to my surprise, I liked it! It was a good cup and I enjoyed it. When I said that I thought someone hit me in the head, but then I realized that you come to a specific age where you like Coffee. You don't see to many 7 year olds and younger drinking this stuff.

I like Coffee now, but strange enough I am not addicted to it. It never is something that I have to drink EVERY morning. Only when I am in a certain mood. But over all, I like Coffee and I will drink it like... once or twice a month. You heard me, twice a month! (lol)

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I have a bi-weekly coffee schedule. Rotating between iced, hot, and cappuchino.

You don't see to many 7 year olds and younger drinking this stuff.

I started liking coffee from 9. It's some good stuff.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I like to drink coffee a few times a year. I get this sudden urge to drink coffee for a few days and then I don't really feel like it anymore. I've noticed that sometimes when I stop I small headaches. Not sure if they're really related though. It might just be in my head.

Oh, and munching coffee beans is also nice. There's this shop where they sell coffee beans enveloped in dark chocolate,

I had those today. Only it was milk chocolate instead of dark. They're really good, even though they have a little bit of an after taste.
ben_neu
ben_neu
1 posts
Shepherd

Coffee with something sweet is the best

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

but then I realized that you come to a specific age where you like Coffee.

Some people do. Personally I can't stand the stuff and I'm a grown man. The bitterness is unbearable on my sensitive taste buds. I don't like dairy products and I'm lactose-intolerant, so adding cream or milk to coffee doesn't do anything positive for me; and dumping sugar in it doesn't add to the flavor.

I get my caffeine from better-tasting drinks.
DemonOfVictory
DemonOfVictory
17 posts
Nomad

Whoops. Disregard my earlier post. Just a few minutes ago i had a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.... man it was good x)

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I love coffee, mainly the taste though. I have it nearly daily and I've reached the point where:

Coffee is a weakness. First, it helps you become alert, then half-alert, then you need it just to wake up.

Comes nicely into play. It sucks actually, I need to stop it, my heart rate is over 100 (60 is where it should be) while relaxing and I'm always stressed. Coffee doesn't help those things at all and it makes no difference to me waking up.
00Reaper00
00Reaper00
1 posts
Nomad

Rotating coffee tea and energy drinks keeps me saine

ariannekic
ariannekic
14 posts
Nomad

i used to drink coffee cup after cup after cup before. i started drinking coffee when i was twelve. when i had my first cup of earl grey probably when i started college, i knew then that i like tea better. i drink all kinds of tea nowadays.
i really don't need coffee to perk me up in the morning basically because i hardly get up at 9am or earlier than that.

jakehcatcher
jakehcatcher
49 posts
Nomad

I hate coffee worst thing ever invented!

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I work at Starbucks, but I don't drink actually drink it. That's probably why I was hired. They knew they could trust me with coffee.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I can live without it, I drink it just for the flavor strangely enough.

No one likes black coffee without sugar or milk? Wuss!

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I had coffee last night and I couldn't stop drinking it. My stomach was full, but it tasted so good. I had it with milk and sugar.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

No one likes black coffee without sugar or milk? Wuss!

*cringe-cough*

I can understand someone liking that if they had no taste buds, but that's the only logical explanation! =P
Showing 16-30 of 38