Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Here's The Situation...

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 2:31pm

aknerd

aknerd

1,276 posts

You'd have to suffer through the pressure put on your feet while standing up, but that would probably be more bearable than, say, lying down in a stretcher for who knows how long.

Debatable. Standing, you would be focusing all the pressure onto one location. Also, look at how relatively thick the skin on the soles of your feet is compared to the rest of your body. Without that protection, standing might just cause your feet to... squish apart....

...gross...

First I would call 911.
Then, I would wrap myself in sterile gauze, to the best of my abilities. I do keep some in the house, but seeing as I probs don't have enough to go full on mummy I would focus on areas most likely to... squish... (still gross)

I would probably die in the hospital. If not, I would try to get some new skin. Maybe a nice tiger pelt. Perhaps chinchilla, for that nice cozy feeling.

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 4:38pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,569 posts

how do you press the number to call 911 if he says applying pressure to your hand hurts?

It would be painful to call..but not impossible.

As for me..I would just cry uncontrollably, then pass out from shock and hope for the best from there..

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 9:26pm

MrAutomatic

MrAutomatic

280 posts

Calling the paramedics would not do much good, as there isn't much they or a hospital could do about a complete lack of skin. Skin grafting works if there is skin to attach the new "skin" to, but with absolutely no skin on the body whatsoever, there isn't much that can be done. You may be better off finding a suit of armor and hiding inside for the rest of your life, which shouldn't be long because you have no skin and you'll probably contract some deadly disease within a few weeks.

Posted Aug 22, '13 at 3:21am

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,340 posts

First I'd be in shock, and then I'd calm down, then I'd be amused at all the little veins and muscles and such. Hell, I'll look in the mirror to see how awesomely terrifying I'd look.

Pain? Psshhh. I'd just walk around the whole town as I cause ensuing fear and panic in the local metropolis, not giving a shoot about my indescribable pain and blood loss.

On a serious note, I'd probably die of shock, and if not, then I'd die from whatever problem my lack of skin imposes on me. If I somehow manage to stay conscious, 911 and a good skin graft would be a preferable alternative, especially if I can receive artificial skin. And hey, no need to worry about skin care for the rest of my days.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 1:20am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

And we're back!

I'm very glad to see various people have taken over this thread in my absence... I would just like to say thank you all for your help in keeping this thread alive for as long as you did!

Now that I've returned, I'll be posting a new situation every week. Yes, every week, not every day... I don't have the creativity to come up with something every day; however, once I see a significant increase in forum activity, I'll try and post a few every week, until the day comes where there will be enough people here for me to delve into the "lost" regions of my creative mind and come up with situations on a daily basis!

Until then, I'll start out with some fundamental scenarios, the first one being especially fundamental...

If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do?

And do try and keep this one out of the locker rooms... =P

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 1:26am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,569 posts

oh what wouldn't I do..

Actually, before I answer..would I have control over being invisible or would I be able to go in and out?

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 1:27am

OperationNilo

OperationNilo

2,044 posts

What would I do? Hah, interesting question.

I'd definitely go outside and start playing ghost pranks on people, like pulling their hair and putting on an old blanket and running around disturbing general peace, after somebody jumps in and takes it off to see nothing inside...

ah...it'd be so fun.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 1:41am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

would I have control over being invisible or would I be able to go in and out?

You'd be invisible all day, but you would somehow know in advance that you would be invisible for that entire day, so it wouldn't come as a shock to you.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 3:31am

Darkfire45

Darkfire45

2,036 posts

I'll just go around stealing stuff from stores. After all, it's not like they'll figure out who was the culprit. Also, I'll ring doorbells/knock on doors and watch people's reaction when they realise that there's nobody there once they open the door.

Posted Nov 5, '13 at 6:59pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,997 posts

I would go up to people whom I know, but not well enough for them to recognize my voice, and just keep calling their name. Maybe occasionally poke them or slap them and see how they react. The only trouble I'd have would be concealing my laughter, but if the victim honestly believes they're going crazy, my maniacal cackling could add to the effect.

Reply to Here's The Situation...

You must be logged in to post a reply!