ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 94796
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'd be a high roller for that entire month. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything, even though I don't buy very much as it is. I'd just spend that entire month not thinking about the costs of anything.

I might also buy a house somewhere. Apartments in general get on my nerves sometimes and there's something about paying rent that really irritates me even though financially it isn't a problem for me.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

i would have to agree with you, bacon rapped lobster!

first off i have a question, one month to spend it then i die? or one month to spend it then the rest get's taken away from me?

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

If you had $1 million (or the equivalent in your currency if you live in a different country) and you only had 1 month to spend it, what would you do with it?

I would do what Ernie said, I would spend with no restraint. I would go to New York, sleep in the most expensive hotel there, then eat at there many fine restaurants, then I would by massive amounts of Butane and Liquid Oxygen and I would make a 40 foot rocket!!! But of course, I can't launch it in New York, people will think Im nuts. And I am, but not violent nuts... =)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Invest in some Forex.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I would give it all to the best lawyers I could get and sue Nazi NBC for a disgusting, racist, xenophobic and filtered Olympic broadcast.
Yeah I know it's been a while but I can't get over it.
I hate those TV terrorists! >:O

---- `NBC
\\O-( --- -NBC->

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

\\O-( --- -NBC->

Ah, my archer got all messed up again.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Actually, you have to spend 30 million in 30 days

Spending only a million, that's easy, sue someone.

~~~Darth Caedus

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

If you had $1 million (or the equivalent in your currency if you live in a different country) and you only had 1 month to spend it, what would you do with it?

Silly answer : I would buy a mountain of cookies and end up dead when an avalanche hits my while trying to climb it! Death by cookies... sweet! =)

Serious answer : I would try to get a solid operation off the ground to increase cheap food production, medicine production, educational facilities and solid housing in 3rd world countries. It would probably fail, but I'd like to try anyway! That's the "Don Quichot" in me!
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Spend one million? Easy; estates. I'd buy an expensive house/apartment/villa and let it to a wealthy customer. And when they go away I'll renovate everything and let it for even more money. Or I sell it when the value has risen high enough to sustain me the rest of my life.

Spend 30 million? Are there estates that expensive? I'm sure there are, so basically nothing different

And since I'll have spent the money and therefore won the challenge, I'm left with an even higher income without time limit, so I can do what I want.. be it selfish things or being a Don Quijote like DayCee

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I would buy a mountain of cookies and end up dead when an avalanche hits my while trying to climb it! Death by cookies... sweet!

The silly part is, you haven't mentioned eating even one cookie from this mountain. Personally, I'd rather die from having consumed far too many cookies for my stomach to hold.

Spend 30 million? Are there estates that expensive? I'm sure there are, so basically nothing different

Buy 30 $1 million estates. It would be a full-time job managing all of them, but you'll own 30 houses, which you should have no problem making a living off of.
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Travel!!! Pre-book flights, hotels, trains-whatever was neccesary to allow me to spend a year traveling all over the place. And whatever is left over from the money I will just donate or something to somewhere. Or randomly leave mney in peoples mailboxes. I would find that amusing somehow.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Since it's Friday night, I thought I might as well experiment and post a well-known literary situation instead of just some question that I came up with off the top of my head... it has been solved by a very famous character in literature but I want to see what AG users would do!

Let's say your father had just died, and then your mother married his brother immediately after your father's death. Then, your father comes to you as a ghost and tells you that your uncle was the one who killed him... you're living in a world where ghosts are generally accepted to be real, by the way! What do you do?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Are we in the modern era, or is this situation set in Shakespeare's time?

If it was the modern era, I'd hire a private investigator and prove my uncle to be guilty. If it were Shakespeare's time, I'd stab the bonehead and flee to some other country. Being a fugitive had to be pretty easy back then.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Are we in the modern era, or is this situation set in Shakespeare's time?

Any era you want... this is to inspire creativity, after all!
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'd do what Bart Simpson did in an episode of The Simpsons that parodies this: kill everyone involved.

First, I'd poison the food at the next royal banquet. Then I'd watch as the idiotic bystanders fell to their deaths. Afterwards, midst the chaos and mass panic, knowing my uncle was smart enough not to eat the food, I'd stab him and find someone to make my patsy, thus getting away scot-free. Of course, the next night I'd suffocate my mother for dishonoring my father with a pillow a she sleep.

I have an evil side, y'know.

Showing 76-90 of 518