ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 94643
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

After much searching, the athlete determines that your legs are a perfect fit

I'd be more worried about his eyes.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If he's willing to spend $5 million on my legs instead of $50,000 on prosthetic legs, he's an idiot. I'm not willing to give any part of my body to an idiot.

However, I would be willing to take the job as his financial adviser, seeing as he obviously doesn't have one.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

.....wait wait wait, they do this? I would consider it rude. Very rude. I wouldn't give him my legs, ever. I'm more important in my eyes

What if it was Jeter, Ichiro, Teixeira, Cano, Gardner, Granderson, CC, Mo, Soriano, Or Robertson?
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

What if it was Jeter, Ichiro, Teixeira, Cano, Gardner, Granderson, CC, Mo, Soriano, Or Robertson?
Still no. You can get prosthetics, but they still don't compare to a real pair of legs.
If he's willing to spend $5 million on my legs instead of $50,000 on prosthetic legs, he's an idiot. I'm not willing to give any part of my body to an idiot.
Exactly.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Still no.

T_F...that question was aimed at pickpocket specifically because he and I are Yankee fans -_-
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I would probably tell how stupid, idiotic, self-centered, conceited, and then start cussing him out. After I am through yelling, I ask for 10 billion dollars.

~~~Darth Caedus

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, a basically unanimous answer! I guess I have to remember to avoid situations like that in the future...

And speaking of the future... what would you do if you woke up one morning in a society thousands of years in the future?

Try and keep the Futurama references minimal! =)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

what would you do if you woke up one morning in a society thousands of years in the future?

First off...try to keep my head from exploding from all the new info I'd have to take in

My initial reaction would be to just wander about...staring at all the cool things. Then of course I'd want to figure out all the new scientific findings and what-not...and also see what has happened in the world of religion (like what religion is top-dog, if any...any findings that may prove/disprove a god...etc). Then, of course, see if I can get my hands on a time machine to be able to go back n forth between now time and the future time
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'd tell everyone that I'm from the past and see how they react. If they ask for proof, I'll just start talking about things that only someone from the past would know. Or at least, so I'd think. They'd probably have some kind of information superhighway where all the knowledge in the world would be right at your fingertips and accessible through a simple search.

But that would have to be pretty far in the future. Technology like that is far too advanced for today's world.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'd tell everyone that I'm from the past and see how they react. If they ask for proof, I'll just start talking about things that only someone from the past would know. Or at least, so I'd think. They'd probably have some kind of information superhighway where all the knowledge in the world would be right at your fingertips and accessible through a simple search.

Do I smell a reference to Buck Rodgers there Ernie? >

I would first try to make contact with the inhabitants in the old fashioned way... by matter of speech. Then I would realise that people will start looking strangly and frightened whenever I open my mouth...

I would quickly check whether I have bad breath, something stuck between my teeth or a bug running over me!

I would persivere and try again and soon discover that speech has been abandoned for several centuries, which lead to a silent enviroment for people. They communicate through brain waves apparently and this leaves me without a way to express myself...

So I run to the hills and try to settle down in a nice cosy cave to spend the rest of my silent days there with my trusty pet Sniffles the CatRatDog. =)
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Instead of futurama, I would go all buck rogers and explain stuff like football and golf to the future guys.

~~~Darth Caedus

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I think it'd be kinda fun to poke him with stuff just out of his reach. Poke him with like, sticks, and chickens, and construction cones and stuff. He'd be so pissed....

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Poke him with like, sticks, and chickens, and construction cones and stuff.
Interesting, I didn't think about poking him with things. And chickens, what a great idea to poke him with chickens, especially if they're still alive.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

what would you do if you woke up one morning in a society thousands of years in the future?

I'd cry over the loss of my GF then I'll try to find a way to communicate and ask where I should go to learn and get up to date.
"What, you use rings instead of books?"
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Situation 2:

"Eeek, I don't remember the Beatles looking so ugly, what, they're called Morlocks?"

"Hey where are you guys going? Don't go in there, they'll eat you!"
"I better find my Time machine and go back!" :O
Showing 106-120 of 518