ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 94850
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I apologize for my lack of activity in the past couple days... I haven't been online so I never got around to posting a question for yesterday or today...

Let's say you could travel back in time for just one day in history, but you couldn't change anything in the future... when and where would you go?

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I would like to go back to see my great great Grandmother at any point of her life really. I know a bit about her life and it sounds really interesting to me. I would love to actually meet her.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Let's say you could travel back in time for just one day in history, but you couldn't change anything in the future... when and where would you go?

This depends...would I be invincible? Invisible?
If I died or was wounded in the past, would I bring it back to me in the future? If I wasn't invisible to everyone around me, than every action I make would still "change" the future.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'd like to meet Antonio Vivaldi in Venice and tell him how much I like his music.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm, good question! I think I would go back to Nazi Germany in 1947 when the Germans are perfecting there military weapons. I get to observe the construction proses on the rockets, trucks, etc etc. Then I would go back to the present and take over the world!!! jk Although I have thought about it.. ok off track now! Ok so yea, thats what I'd do.
AngelicDreams
AngelicDreams
44 posts
Nomad

I'd like to go back and see the first ever production of Swan Lake, conducted by it's original creator, before Tchaikovsky's influenced it, just to see how it's different
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'd want to the Three Kingdom Era, to siege of Luocheng...where Pang Tong died. This may just be only me, but watching what happens to my hero happen, I feel that in an odd way it'd motivate me in a lot of ways (y'know..the "realizing death could come at any time" crap or something)
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Assuming I was just an invisible ghost, I would follow Osama Bin Laden around on his last day being alive, all the time giggling to myself about how he's going to get shot by Americans later that day.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I would go back to the 80s to see what life was really like for most people. If there was some way I couldn't change the future from going back in time but still interact with people, I would totally do that so I could have a better idea of whether or not I'd want to live there permanently if ever given the option.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

This depends...would I be invincible? Invisible?

Yes, you would be invisible... you would only be able to observe.

If there was some way I couldn't change the future from going back in time but still interact with people

Since it's all hypothetical, I don't see why I couldn't grant you that, provided of course that you don't think too deeply into what the consequences would "really" be! =)

To answer my own question, I would go back to watch the signing of the Declaration of Independence... it would be fascinating to see what America's founding fathers were really like!
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I would probably go back in time to see babe ruth`s legendary home run. That would be cool. Or to when man landed on the moon.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I would go back to the very beginning. Like, the first day ever. It would be the most amazing thing ever. I would feel like my mind was blown because I had just seen the beginning of time. Or I might go back to the day of the first black hole so I could look through it. (assuming I won't get sucked in). The biggest problem with these are that I need to spend a whole day there. I'm not sure I do either of those for a whole day without going a little crazy.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Oh, or I would go back to ancient Rome. That would be very interesting to see. I honestly would love to learn more about Rome.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

i would go back to the dinosaur time to watch them in action and see what killled them then go to stonehedge and those things to witniss the aliens helping us
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, new question time!

If you had to eat just one food for the rest of your life, what food would it be?

Showing 46-60 of 518