Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

homeschooling Vs private schooling Vs public schooling

Posted Sep 26, '12 at 11:19pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,749 posts

which do you prefer? which are/were you? me? i am homeschooled and i like it this way.
have at it!

Posted Sep 26, '12 at 11:42pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,300 posts

Knight

I'll take any if the latter two instead of homeschooling. The syllabus might not be up to national standards and requirements, children might not be given Thr chance to participate in as diverse a range of external activities, and even if it's in a group, you don't have the school atmosphere of hundreds of peers.

Posted Sep 26, '12 at 11:48pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

They all have their benefits... public school exposes students to more diversity and to the "traditional" high school experience, private school is better for the more academically-focused students, and homeschooling is best for a completely individualized learning experience.

Of course there are downsides to all of them, and what I've said is extremely general so obviously there are plenty of exceptions! I went to a private school and I teach at a public school, so this is just the very basics of from what I've gathered over the years!

Posted Sep 26, '12 at 11:48pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

Private schools are only good if they're need-based financial aid rewarding feeder schools to top universities. Examples: Phillips Exeter, Phillips Academy, Harvard-Westlake, The Harker School.

Then again, public schools are only good if they're nationally recognized magnet schools (e.g. Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, Stuyvesant, North Carolina School of Science and Math) OR in Cupertino or Palo Alto up in Norcal (Lynbrook, Monta Vista, Palo Alto, Henry M. Gunn, Homestead.......................and throw in Mission San Jose from Fremont, too).

Otherwise, it's all irrelevant.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 1:00am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

I've been home schooled and publicly schooled. I don't know about private schooling, but the better funded the better the teaching, most likely. Home schooling isn't bad, you just need some good resources, and you aren't being schooled all day. But the thing with public schools is that you meet people.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 8:56am

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

home school: I only have 2 hours of school a day, and I eat whenever.

/thread

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 10:36am

toemas

toemas

347 posts

Iâm home schooled and I love it!

PS Iâm social so donât even start that BS with

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 10:39am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,115 posts

I was home-schooled, but after starting high school I have been going to a public school.

I like the public school better because you have more incentive to do your work, although some of the classes are stupid.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 12:44pm

ariannekic

ariannekic

14 posts

in my country, home schooling is not very common. most children go to public schools. i studied in a private school my entire life and i have often wondered what it's like to be home schooled though.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 2:50pm

Drink

Drink

1,604 posts

private? i clicked thinking it sais &quotirate schooling" ... anyways home schooling was ok but it didnt last long private schooling seems to be for the rich only around here and public school is ok if your in isolated locations like me

Reply to homeschooling Vs private schooling Vs public schooling

You must be logged in to post a reply!