ForumsThe Tavernhomeschooling Vs private schooling Vs public schooling

38 4798
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

which do you prefer? which are/were you? me? i am homeschooled and i like it this way.
have at it!

• 38 Replies
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I've been in two private schools and one public.

PRIVATE SCHOOLS SUCK!! THE PEOPLE, EDUCATION, AND TEACHERS!! HORRIBLE

Public schools are amazing. i am in a SOPHOMORE math class as an 8th grader!

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Public schools. There we can DO stuff, field trips, class projects, and even the general school experience is nice, the work isn't completely hard.

sethern
sethern
2 posts
Farmer

I'm home-schooled so I prefer that, but its the same as regular school, don't do the work you don't get smart. So in ways its easier and harder than public school. Easier because everything is right here and more 1 on 1 time with the teacher if your not online though. It's harder because its easier to slack off and not learn anything.

sethern
sethern
2 posts
Farmer

Also with that, I have a lot of homeschoolers in my surrounding area along with friends from public school. So we can do stuff while other people are in school. I also find how it works for me is real good. So I did public school until second semester of eighth grade and then I had some really good friends. Then my family (six kids) all were homeschooled so I decided to join in. I still have all the friends from school and made some new ones from other homeschoolers. Now I take a class or two at the high school while still being homeschooled. Also with my religion we do stuff every week so that also helps with social things. I think with this school stuff it more depends on your mindset and priories. For some people they like the big group setting with a lot of people. Some prefer the smaller but still with a lot of people. And some like just by their selves. I'm not saying that is for each thing because in some public schools you can still only have like 1 set of people in you class and some homeschoolers might have tons of friends. So it depends on what you like.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

It's just a matter of prefernce to me if your kids need more 1 on 1 attention then private or homeschool but if they can manage fine on thier own public the only reasons i can think of

Showing 31-35 of 38