Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Small AG3 Update

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 3:39pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,377 posts

forums will just disappear

A forum wipe is not guaranteed. The admins will transfer the forums if possible.

Posted Sep 28, '12 at 5:39pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I want screenshots of what you guys are doing. Not that I don't absolutely LOVE what you're doing, boppins, but I'm sure the community kind of needs a little more convincing.

Regardless, the current bugs should be fixed before new things are added. The reason why the forums are so buggy is because gadgets were added before fixing the old bugs, and that created even more bugs.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 3:47am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,831 posts

We're still working on AG3, but instead of doing an entire site-wide "flip" from AG2 to AG3, we are going to release new features as we finish them.

Visual upgrades (better layouts, etc) are coming as well, not just features :)

Good to see that you showed the progress to the community! There were quite a few people that were getting restless and/or anxious about whether the new AG3 was ever going to come out. What better way to proove them wrong?! =)

Ahm, but what I was wondering though... is the "site-wide flip" not going to happen then and are you guys slowly transforming this website from AG2 to AG3 instead?

So, one day there will be one giant update and the AP system and the forums will just disappear?

A forum wipe is not guaranteed. The admins will transfer the forums if possible.

That all remains to be seen... making a new forum from scratch might be an easier way for the staff to continue at the AG3 website, rather than trying to shift the entire mount Everest all at once with only the help of a shovel and not letting too much stones drop in the process... =/

I want screenshots of what you guys are doing. Not that I don't absolutely LOVE what you're doing, boppins, but I'm sure the community kind of needs a little more convincing.

LOL You pretty much want screen shots from everything Sal! LOL =P

But what we could do is make some small images from the new updates and show them in a thread?
Is that a good idea? =)

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 4:50pm

ellock

ellock

276 posts

So basically, instead of a huge unveiling and a big shock to every one. The "new" site will be introduced into the "old" site therefor making slowly making the "old" site the "new" site. Will there be any major title change? or will it still just be armor games? I know you are unsure as to the wiping of everything however, do you know which way people may be leaning? Like is it right down the middle or are there a little more of one side then the other?

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 5:29pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Exactly, ellock. It'll still be called Armor Games,but referred to as AG3. You don't see any titles with "AG2" anywhere, do you?

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 6:03pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,813 posts

my question is this. will everything be coming on here as it's released or will some of it be for a less grand reveal later on?

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 6:18pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

It'll come in small waves; no grand reveals. When it's ready for implementation for the site, it'll go up.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 6:31pm

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,813 posts

thanks sal. another question, since there's no grand reveal how will that effect the name changing, i know you have to have somewhat of a name for yourself before you can change your name but since we won't necessarily be starting with a clean slate what will come of the name changing?

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 6:50pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

since there's no grand reveal how will that effect the name changing, i know you have to have somewhat of a name for yourself before you can change your name but since we won't necessarily be starting with a clean slate what will come of the name changing?

AG will still be AG. I don't see necessarily any sudden 'name changes' that may come about, but considering, there are updates in layouts and the point systems that will no doubt be very big changes to the site. I don't imagine they will be sooner than some of their updates. What do I know, though.

Nevertheless, they may reveal whenever they decide that they have finished updating the site and all of the changes would officially be complete, aside from any bugs that may show up.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 7:00pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Yeah, jeol's pretty much on the money (=P). They'll probably announce when they've finished their panned updates, but they'll continue adding more updates. They did the same thing with AG2. After it was 'done,' they continued to add stuff.

Personally I think the layout stuff will come out before the technical stuff. I see the layouts coming before clans, name changing, rep system, and all of those other complicated goodies. Layouts are easier to do, and the staff probably wants to keep people interested, so they'll do something cosmetic before doing the 'real' stuff.

Reply to Small AG3 Update

You must be logged in to post a reply!