ForumsNews and FeedbackSmall AG3 Update

74 19299
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

I've seen a lot of questions about the status of AG3 in various forums. RonJohn recently made a post on GetSatisfaction that I think clears up most of your questions, but maybe you haven't seen it, so I'm going to quote it here...

Here's a little more detail about the beta website ending on August 31st:

Only the beta site (beta.armorgames.com) is going away, not the normal site at armorgames.com
The purpose of the beta site was to try new ideas, test performance and technology solutions. We tried a lot of new things and measured if players used them, if they liked them, and if they helped the site. The best stuff will live on at: armorgames.com, the bad stuff will die a horrible, horrible death.
The plan is to start applying the things we learned to the normal site... so, you're going to see a lot of awesome changes coming up in the near future.

The features that we've tested in the beta, and that are being talked about in this forum, are going to start being introduced into the site as you see it now.

I've also unstickied several of the threads in this forum that are not entirely relevant now -- there are simply too many stickies and this forum is hard to navigate.

All of the admins are all working hard for the new additions, and we're excited about what's coming!
  • 74 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

For once we got an update related to AG3, but what does this update mean for AG3 itself? Some users claim that the admins are scrapping AG3.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

The features that we've tested in the beta, and that are being talked about in this forum, are going to start being introduced into the site as you see it now.

So you're just going to add in what we have been talking about here instead of a new site?
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

For once we got an update related to AG3, but what does this update mean for AG3 itself? Some users claim that the admins are scrapping AG3.

Yepp, thats a really good question about AGv3 i think:

Do you still work on a AGv3 (and plan to release it... whenever), or will you scrapp AGv3 and "only" implement some things in AGv2 (if thats after the "or" is the right answer, which of the announced features for AGv3 will make it in AGv2 (like reputation system, change ratings/ usernames, etc))?
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

O.o? So basically, instead of focusing all of your efforts on AG3, you are going to make some effort to add some new things here, so that users can actually see examples of work instead of being left in the dark, but without the need to visit the forums at all.

It is better than what we had before but I'd rather just regular updates on the new features that are being worked on in AG3 rather than just adding things here.

I also thought AG2 was made on broken code. So by adding features here you would be (realistically) doing nothing to help AG3 because all of it will disappear in a year or two.

Regardless, as long as the features are implemented well here, there really isn't a problem. However, I think it might make the jump between AG2 and AG3 a little over-hyped because most of the great features will be on AG2 or kong already when it is released.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

We're still working on AG3, but instead of doing an entire site-wide "flip" from AG2 to AG3, we are going to release new features as we finish them.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Visual upgrades (better layouts, etc) are coming as well, not just features

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

We're still working on AG3, but instead of doing an entire site-wide "flip" from AG2 to AG3, we are going to release new features as we finish them.

So, one day there will be one giant update and the AP system and the forums will just disappear?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

forums will just disappear

A forum wipe is not guaranteed. The admins will transfer the forums if possible.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I want screenshots of what you guys are doing. Not that I don't absolutely LOVE what you're doing, boppins, but I'm sure the community kind of needs a little more convincing.

Regardless, the current bugs should be fixed before new things are added. The reason why the forums are so buggy is because gadgets were added before fixing the old bugs, and that created even more bugs.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

[quote]We're still working on AG3, but instead of doing an entire site-wide "flip" from AG2 to AG3, we are going to release new features as we finish them.

Visual upgrades (better layouts, etc) are coming as well, not just features
[/quote]

Good to see that you showed the progress to the community! There were quite a few people that were getting restless and/or anxious about whether the new AG3 was ever going to come out. What better way to proove them wrong?! =)

Ahm, but what I was wondering though... is the "site-wide flip" not going to happen then and are you guys slowly transforming this website from AG2 to AG3 instead?

[quote]So, one day there will be one giant update and the AP system and the forums will just disappear?

A forum wipe is not guaranteed. The admins will transfer the forums if possible.
[/quote]

That all remains to be seen... making a new forum from scratch might be an easier way for the staff to continue at the AG3 website, rather than trying to shift the entire mount Everest all at once with only the help of a shovel and not letting too much stones drop in the process... =/

I want screenshots of what you guys are doing. Not that I don't absolutely LOVE what you're doing, boppins, but I'm sure the community kind of needs a little more convincing.

LOL You pretty much want screen shots from everything Sal! LOL =P

But what we could do is make some small images from the new updates and show them in a thread?
Is that a good idea? =)
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

So basically, instead of a huge unveiling and a big shock to every one. The "new" site will be introduced into the "old" site therefor making slowly making the "old" site the "new" site. Will there be any major title change? or will it still just be armor games? I know you are unsure as to the wiping of everything however, do you know which way people may be leaning? Like is it right down the middle or are there a little more of one side then the other?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Exactly, ellock. It'll still be called Armor Games,but referred to as AG3. You don't see any titles with "AG2" anywhere, do you?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

my question is this. will everything be coming on here as it's released or will some of it be for a less grand reveal later on?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It'll come in small waves; no grand reveals. When it's ready for implementation for the site, it'll go up.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

thanks sal. another question, since there's no grand reveal how will that effect the name changing, i know you have to have somewhat of a name for yourself before you can change your name but since we won't necessarily be starting with a clean slate what will come of the name changing?

Showing 1-15 of 74