ForumsNews and FeedbackSmall AG3 Update

74 19295
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

I've seen a lot of questions about the status of AG3 in various forums. RonJohn recently made a post on GetSatisfaction that I think clears up most of your questions, but maybe you haven't seen it, so I'm going to quote it here...

Here's a little more detail about the beta website ending on August 31st:

Only the beta site (beta.armorgames.com) is going away, not the normal site at armorgames.com
The purpose of the beta site was to try new ideas, test performance and technology solutions. We tried a lot of new things and measured if players used them, if they liked them, and if they helped the site. The best stuff will live on at: armorgames.com, the bad stuff will die a horrible, horrible death.
The plan is to start applying the things we learned to the normal site... so, you're going to see a lot of awesome changes coming up in the near future.

The features that we've tested in the beta, and that are being talked about in this forum, are going to start being introduced into the site as you see it now.

I've also unstickied several of the threads in this forum that are not entirely relevant now -- there are simply too many stickies and this forum is hard to navigate.

All of the admins are all working hard for the new additions, and we're excited about what's coming!
  • 74 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Yeah, jeol's pretty much on the money (=P). They'll probably announce when they've finished their panned updates, but they'll continue adding more updates. They did the same thing with AG2. After it was 'done,' they continued to add stuff.

Personally I think the layout stuff will come out before the technical stuff. I see the layouts coming before clans, name changing, rep system, and all of those other complicated goodies. Layouts are easier to do, and the staff probably wants to keep people interested, so they'll do something cosmetic before doing the 'real' stuff.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

As an example, lets look at the release of Achievements. You'll see some new pages (ie. a page showing all achievements you can get), and some updated old ones. The profile page will be modified to show your achievements, but that layout will still look like "AG2" overall. Eventually, the whole profile page will be replaced with the updated "AG3" version.

_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

As an example, lets look at the release of Achievements. You'll see some new pages (ie. a page showing all achievements you can get), and some updated old ones. The profile page will be modified to show your achievements, but that layout will still look like "AG2" overall. Eventually, the whole profile page will be replaced with the updated "AG3" version.

YES! I am excited already! Although I really want to see the new profile feature now :/ Will the new feature delete what is on my profile?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Will the new feature delete what is on my profile?

I can't imagine why it would.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

YES! I am excited already! Although I really want to see the new profile feature now :/

Patience is key here... and I know that a lot of users have lost faith over time due to the radio silence that has been over AG3, but it will come... when it's ready... better late and great, than fast but not to last! =)

[quote]Will the new feature delete what is on my profile?

I can't imagine why it would.[/quote]

I understood that they will transfer all your profile data to the new settings, so nothing is lost... aside from an occasional glitch or hickup occurring, so you better make a backup copy of your data just in case!
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

well at least AG is making progress
better than nothing

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

better than nothing

They were boind to make progress someday... the only trouble for us users was that we didn't know when that day was going to come, but that it would come was a sure thing!
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

better than nothing

Depends on the progress speed for me. If they are taking forever, then it is not worth it to me. I am glad though that they are making progress at a nice rate. Plus we get to know what they are doing wich is a huge plus for me.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Depends on the progress speed for me. If they are taking forever, then it is not worth it to me. I am glad though that they are making progress at a nice rate.

Patience is the key word here ellock... it is a difficult process and needs attending to with close attention. You wouldn't want to have a lot of features installed (yay!) and have a glitch-fest on your hands (oh-no!), now would you?
Let them work it out in a good way and then iimplement them, which is way better than a rush job with the resulting wave of complaints about it's bad quality afterwards. =)

Plus we get to know what they are doing wich is a huge plus for me.

THAT is something I have to agree too to the fullest! We have to keep in mind that the staf isn't obligated to tell is anything (in the literal sense there), but they have probably been busy with a lot of things and now have the time to get us upt to date and up to speed on things. Let's just hope they keep it up, which I'm sure they will. =)
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I have the new layout, but why are there small dots under the dates on the forum index?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Photos:

http://i.imgur.com/SXCeN.png

http://i.imgur.com/F43AS.png

http://i.imgur.com/9uose.png

http://i.imgur.com/PQqfJ.png

So some visual changes, some of them need to be fixed. What about the different design layouts from the AG3 beta? Are those still going to be implemented?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

It seems like the only way to access our profiles is to type it in the url bar. Fix this as well.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It seems like the only way to access our profiles is to type it in the url bar. Fix this as well.

Yes. Or going through the Top 100 or to a thread you posted in. Either way it is really annoying so it would be great to fix it.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Yes. Or going through the Top 100 or to a thread you posted in. Either way it is really annoying so it would be great to fix it.

Yeah I basically just made my profile a bookmark but I would like some link directly to it rather than taking a slot on my bookmarks bar

I like the new profile layout and the different aspects of the forums although it will take awhile for me to get used to the bigger quoted text!

Also the search bar seems to be worker MUCH better for games as well. Just a few days ago typing "raze 2" would give you a crapload of hits and now it just gives you one, Raze 2.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I notice a link to the "All" category, and I agree that there needs to be a direct link to your own profile.

Showing 16-30 of 74