ForumsNews and FeedbackSmall AG3 Update

74 19298
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

I've seen a lot of questions about the status of AG3 in various forums. RonJohn recently made a post on GetSatisfaction that I think clears up most of your questions, but maybe you haven't seen it, so I'm going to quote it here...

Here's a little more detail about the beta website ending on August 31st:

Only the beta site (beta.armorgames.com) is going away, not the normal site at armorgames.com
The purpose of the beta site was to try new ideas, test performance and technology solutions. We tried a lot of new things and measured if players used them, if they liked them, and if they helped the site. The best stuff will live on at: armorgames.com, the bad stuff will die a horrible, horrible death.
The plan is to start applying the things we learned to the normal site... so, you're going to see a lot of awesome changes coming up in the near future.

The features that we've tested in the beta, and that are being talked about in this forum, are going to start being introduced into the site as you see it now.

I've also unstickied several of the threads in this forum that are not entirely relevant now -- there are simply too many stickies and this forum is hard to navigate.

All of the admins are all working hard for the new additions, and we're excited about what's coming!
  • 74 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Wait... is that really a facebook login option I saw signing in on my iPod?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Wait... is that really a facebook login option I saw signing in on my iPod?

I don't see a Facebook login on AG.
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Armatars are now on Game/User pages! Those that mentioned they once used to be on AG are correct, and we've brought them back. If you don't see them on a page, make sure to add a comment to re-update the page.

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

These fellows are fixed...

FIXED:

There is also no red flag next to the report button for either the forums or game comments. (stinkyjim)

No access to profiles through navigation (GhostofMatrix)

In Internet Explorer âFavorite Gamesâ icons are larger than usual, only showing 6. (UnleashedUponMankind)

Merited comments aren't highlighted/bolded on user profiles, but are under âView all commentsâ. (Patrick2011)

Small dots under the dates on the forum index (GhostOfMatrix)

Bigger Quotation text in forums (soccerdude2)

Spacing of "Games rated, comments, forum posts, games submitted and merits" on profile (Ferret)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So I was wandering around AG and noticed a newbie had a question about how to fav games...well I went to a game to get the exact location of the fav game button and to my surprise I couldn't find it...where did it go?

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Great catch pangtongshu, I've passed this along.

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Favorites is back working again.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I already mentioned this idea somewhere else, but I personally would like to have the option back to click my armatar (used to be my username in the right top corner) to get back to my profile... this was very handy and I used it a lot, but now I have to open the down-fold menu and choose an option from that... could you please have one's profile link embedded into the armatar image Ferret? =)

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

More of a suggestion then a bug, I've passed it along but no promises.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

An armatar thing: in the comments, the shown armatar is sometimes not the one the user has. I've seen it in comments of Union City, and in my post on jeol's page. Just a weird bug?

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Yeppers, we're on it.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I don't see a Facebook login on AG.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w503/soccerdude2/Screenshot2012-10-25at30849PM.png

I tried logging in on a fake facebook account I had made a while ago (don't ask) and I'm not sure what it even did, if anything, although I didn't really read much of the text it was saying. After I logged in it just went to my normal account and was at the same page. I logged out of my account and tried logging into facebook again and it immediately just took me to the same page/game (which was Colony) with my AG account logged again. But I realized I needed to log out of facebook so now when I log out of my AG account and try logging in to facebook it makes me type my email and password again. All good, except I'm still not sure on what it actually does.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Yeppers, we're on it.
Looks like it's fixed. *golf clap*
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Correct, but a comment is required to apply the fix to specific profiles.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

>_> *loud obnoxious clap*

So I think this may be the first time in quite a while where everyone is quite happy with the Admins. Especially with Ferret and Boppins...lately when there is a problem they are on it in a heartbeat and get it fixed even faster...so I just want to give a big ol' Thank you!
Showing 46-60 of 74