ForumsWEPRgun controle gone wrong again.

100 31444
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester
  • 100 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

In most cases, they dont bring wepones.

In most cases in the US, they do.
Here:
Firearms were used in 42.6 percent of the robberies for which the UCR Program received additional information in 2009. Strong-arm tactics were used in 41.1 percent of the total number of robberies, knives and cutting instruments were used in 7.7 percent, and other dangerous weapons were used in 8.7 percent of robberies in 2009.
42.6% + 7.7% + 8.7% = 59%
Even if there's some overlap, it's still a majority.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

So its a circle of violance. people have gins to protect themselves from thievs who arm themselve againt house holders.

Its just look so wierd to me, as a none-american. Only old people get rubbed by force here in Israel, and even every time its happen its on the news - and its very rare.

what the diffrunces? why almost everywher else rubbers wont ever kill and steal?
you dont fight vikings. these "thieves" are not nomads from other country who come, pillage and run way. they are peoples! they dont do that for glory, but for living.
sure, blame them for there school grades, for them beign "lazy".
when a man have a chanse to live better, he will do. you cant live on the salary of a waitres or street cleaner. so they have a "extra salary". no one choose to live this life.

I mena, you are talking about killing a man! he wont kill your family for a TV! he will only protect himself. Give me 1 case wher this viking killed everyone.

you dont protect your family, you protect your dignity and property.
this is my opinion. My friend house was robbed twice this year. he was insid ewhen it happened, sleeping. and here the magic - they didnt killed him! in the place wher i lived, a man saw some thieves in the house at night, so he yell at them and rush them off without any loot. they didnt killed him.

What you do is to be hte police. I dont think a man can shoot a man over a crime by his own will. so he saw someone go down from his sister window. so suddenly he allowed to kill him? because he his a "criminal - a wild beast that look like a human"?

These are peoples, ill say it again! some propebly your age. so yea, some of them need the money for drugs. so they are free to kill?
"Defending his property" - what year is it? we are not in medieval! its not the huns or the mongols.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

what the diffrunces? why almost everywher else rubbers wont ever kill and steal?
you dont fight vikings. these "thieves" are not nomads from other country who come, pillage and run way. they are peoples! they dont do that for glory, but for living.
sure, blame them for there school grades, for them beign "lazy".
when a man have a chanse to live better, he will do. you cant live on the salary of a waitres or street cleaner. so they have a "extra salary". no one choose to live this life.

They do choose their said life. You don't screw with other people just because you want more, as simple as that.

I mena, you are talking about killing a man! he wont kill your family for a TV! he will only protect himself. Give me 1 case wher this viking killed everyone.

Many people have successfully defended themselves with guns without having to fire their weapon. When you break into someone's home, you take the chance of getting shot, and it's a fair chances considering you're breaking into someone's home.

You do not break into other people's homes. The moment you do, you're a threat. You shouldn't only protect yourself with a gun from criminals that are clearly going to hurt you physically. You protect your property as well. You just don't let people get away with evil, as simple as that.

What you do is to be hte police. I dont think a man can shoot a man over a crime by his own will. so he saw someone go down from his sister window. so suddenly he allowed to kill him? because he his a "criminal - a wild beast that look like a human"?

**** ****ing right you have the right to point a gun at said person. Again, guns are often used without anyone actually getting hurt. If someone is sneaking out of a family member's room, you have no idea if they've been ***** or killed, and you can't afford to let such a criminal get away. Again, most people don't actually have to fire their weapons to subdue a criminal.

This case, the one linked in the original post, is not a regular case.

you dont protect your family, you protect your dignity and property.
this is my opinion. My friend house was robbed twice this year. he was insid ewhen it happened, sleeping. and here the magic - they didnt killed him! in the place wher i lived, a man saw some thieves in the house at night, so he yell at them and rush them off without any loot. they didnt killed him.

Yes, because that one criminal was all the criminals. I linked a video where a man was choking a woman before her daughter came into the room with a gun and saved her. I guess that didn't really happen since it never happened to your neighbor, right?

The neighbor was safe because the criminal didn't want any direct confrontation. Not all criminals are like this. Not everyone will be able to scare away a thief. Furthermore, you said the robber ran off with no harm done, right? If your neighbor pointed a gun at the criminal and called the cops, the cops could have arrested this man. That way, he wouldn't rob anyone else's house.

These are peoples, ill say it again! some propebly your age. so yea, some of them need the money for drugs. so they are free to kill?
"Defending his property" - what year is it? we are not in medieval! its not the huns or the mongols.

Again, the thief who ran away from your neighbor's house is not all the thieves. The story linked in the opening post is not how every confrontation ends when a citizen pulls out a gun.

Everyone should have a right to defend their family and their property. Sure, it's just a thief who want's maybe your TV or some of your money, it's not worth pointing a gun at his head, you should just let him be on his marry way. Maybe you can have a cup of tea before he leaves so he doesn't get too dehydrated during his next raid.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

these "thieves" are not nomads from other country who come, pillage and run way. they are peoples!

Are you implying that nomads aren't people?

no one choose to live this life.

Are you saying they aren't responsible for their decisions?

so he saw someone go down from his sister window. so suddenly he allowed to kill him?

It's largely illegal to shoot someone who's retreating. Usually those homeowners are charged.

Give me 1 case wher this viking killed everyone.

In 5 seconds of searching, I found a homeowner who was shot in the face, another who was shot in the leg and pistol-whipped, another beaten, tazed, and fatally shot in the chest, another fatally shot, another stabbed repeatedly, and another fatally shot. But I found many like this.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Noname and EmperorPalpatine pretty much covered what I wanted to say, but I'll emphasize this last bit.

Danielo, just because a gun is pulled doesn't mean shots are going to be fired. Even if someone has a gun, that doesn't mean they are going to pull it in every situation. If they do shoot, that doesn't mean they are going to go berserk and shoot everyone who twitches.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

just because a gun is pulled doesn't mean shots are going to be fired. Even if someone has a gun, that doesn't mean they are going to pull it in every situation. If they do shoot, that doesn't mean they are going to go berserk and shoot everyone who twitches.

Speak for yourself. :P

Actually, it was kind of hinted by many posts, you guys say you have the right to pull a gun on someone if they threaten your life. Um, no, not here. I live in the US, just like 90% of you, and a recent law was passed for our state that causes charges to be pressed against both parties. In other words, if I get a knife pulled on me and I pull out my gun and don't even shoot, we both get charged with assault. No self-defense anymore.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

"Actually, it was kind of hinted by many posts, you guys say you have the right to pull a gun on someone if they threaten your life. Um, no, not here. I live in the US, just like 90% of you, and a recent law was passed for our state that causes charges to be pressed against both parties. In other words, if I get a knife pulled on me and I pull out my gun and don't even shoot, we both get charged with assault. No self-defense anymore."

In my state we are allowed to pull a gun if we are threatened. I forget the name of the law through.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I don't want to have to argue about my heritage again, but Mongolia had the law of protecting your property, but because thievery back then also included kidnapping, and your family is technically your property back then.

What's sadder is that this is the third time this year in which people used Mongolia as an insult this year. People should respect other races. Nobody is using Israeli as an insult.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

In my state we are allowed to pull a gun if we are threatened. I forget the name of the law through

"Stand You Ground" Gun Law

And that is only allowed in about 23 states
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

""Stand You Ground" Gun Law

And that is only allowed in about 23 states."

Thank you.

"What you do is to be hte police. I dont think a man can shoot a man over a crime by his own will. so he saw someone go down from his sister window. so suddenly he allowed to kill him? because he his a "criminal - a wild beast that look like a human"

Oh so if you see somebody climbing out of your window at night with all of your stuff, your not go to beat the crap out of him a lead pipe, or shoot him in this case? Sure, you can call the police but there still is the possibility that they will not find the culprit, and get back your stuff. BUT the real question is, why was the kid dressed like a thief or burglar and near his aunt's house.

"sure, blame them for there school grades, for them beign lazy."

I'm sorry if i missed it, but who blamed their grades?

"I mena, you are talking about killing a man! he wont kill your family for a TV! he will only protect himself."

People who are desperate enough will do anything.

"when a man have a chanse to live better, he will do. you cant live on the salary of a waitres or street cleaner. so they have a "extra salary". no one choose to live this life."

Ever heard of free will? Yes, they chose this life IT is the thief's fault, no it's or buts.

Summerishere
Summerishere
17 posts
Nomad

this news ruined my day now I feel sad..
The father is surely devastated when he knew that he shot his own Son. Whatever the reason of his Son trying to break in his Aunt's house will remain unknown and should not end like this.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Dammet, when i said "mongols" i meant ginges khan, not the modern country of mongolia....

and when i said Nomads, i meant raid parties.
dont catch me on these please, it wasnt what i meant.

And about you emperorplapatine, well damm. I guese that what work in one place dont work everywhere. had no idea these things keep happening in a modern country.

{and i have to comment about the last link you puted. damm! killed 3 robbers, armed with knifes and a pistol with a kitchen knife, and he is 52!? well this is one hell of a berserke rage. killed 3 of them on the spot.
Damm i wish my barbarian in skyrim could do that}.

You preety much convinced me guys. Im not sarcastic when i say "keep your guns".

something is rotten. if people need guns to protect themselves from these peoples. quit scared actualy. Im sure now what ill do first if ever get to USA.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

And about you emperorplapatine, well damm. I guese that what work in one place dont work everywhere. had no idea these things keep happening in a modern country.
All modern really means is we are more advanced so we can kill people more easily, doesn't really affect how many kill, just how well they kill.

{and i have to comment about the last link you puted. damm! killed 3 robbers, armed with knifes and a pistol with a kitchen knife, and he is 52!? well this is one hell of a berserke rage. killed 3 of them on the spot.
Damm i wish my barbarian in skyrim could do that
He was justified as they were about to kill him and his family, and he probably feels remorse over their deaths.

[quote]something is rotten. if people need guns to protect themselves from these peoples. quit scared actualy. Im sure now what ill do first if ever get to USA.[quote] If you read the article he didn't even use a gun, but used a knife to defend his family.

~~~Darth Caedus
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I talked about the fact that people just walked in and threat him. i mean, yor home is not safe anymore? this is rotten, not the triple kill.

And i didnt say he didnt act properly. but damm, this is just ******! a 52 yeals old man killing three young mans, which are armed with knifes adn a pistol, when he have only a kitchen knife? this is just.. wow.

So he didnt needed a gun to protect himself. In most case its like that, atleast in Israel.

{sorry for going for upside down, but} About the first sentence, no, modern mean that a man dont need to build his house as a fort to protect himself. we dont need walls around cities or around houses.
in a modern country a man dont need a gun in his house, in my opinion. its not about gun effectivity, its about the power of the goverment to keep teh citizens safe. Are criminals in USA are not affraid of the police at all? work like the city is theres, and no one can stop them? this is rotten too.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

we dont need walls around cities or around houses.

That's what gated communities are for. Some are specifically built like forts to keep criminals out.

its about the power of the goverment to keep teh citizens safe.

That costs money. No one likes a tax increase.

Are criminals in USA are not affraid of the police at all?

They know they usually have 10-30 minutes to get in and out, even if the person has an alerting security system. If they have the right equipment (gloves, mask, tools to get in, etc.), they're unlikely to get caught. They're usually too desperate to care what happens if they do get caught, because it only means some jail time. They tend to be more afraid of armed homeowners, sometimes even when they're more heavily armed and in greater number. Example. 4 run in, assault rifle + pistols. Seconds later, 4 run out.
Showing 61-75 of 100