ForumsSupport ForumWriting Contests

8 1900
FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

I feel that a new section should be added in the forums. We spend all our time on the forums writing about this or that, so I think we should add a writing section. In this writing section it would be cool if there was a weekly writing contest. It would start with simple stuff like poetry or a short story, then move on to prompts such as "A poem about vampires". The winner would get a merit or something. The rest of the week people could post their own stories and poems and get feedback.

This is just a basic idea and it probably needs a little revising, but I would like this to be considered. Thanks!

• 8 Replies
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, it's a thought. The thing is that it could be copied off the internet. I would do it though, I type like 6x faster on computer than in real life. If we could make sure it was not taken off the internet that I would have a go on it.

swordman
swordman
106 posts
Nomad

writng contest?
bad idea

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

That is a very bad idea. I dont think that it would work at all so sorry FunkyMonkey, no writing cintest.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

yea u can cheat easily

FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

How 'bout a prompt is always used. "Write a short story about Bob the Smiley face" This would never, never be used, but it's just and idea. Can Swordman and Wittman explain why it wouldn't work?

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

theres not really point, this is a GAMING website u see

FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

Well then what's the point of a forums at all?

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Well then what's the point of a forums at all?

Forums are the best things on the site for me like you can talk about almost anything in the forums and this idea is not really that good I could just copy a poem from a site.
Showing 1-8 of 8