Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Everything Python

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 1:44pm

KingLemon

KingLemon

584 posts

Just finished my first python game :D
It's super simple (it was just a project for my class)
created a ship with a shield and asteroids coming at it that you must destroy. It was actually really fun to code!! on top of that I made my own images and sounds so it was that much better from my own personal point of view! :D

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 10:15am

PhsycoDragon

PhsycoDragon

42 posts

Cool!

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 11:29pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

Yeah I started using python again to make a bot to play a flash game named Jacksmith. It is pretty good with the libraries to control the mouse/keyboard and is fairly easy to set up but when you start taking pictures and comparing it to the screen is slows down drastically. I might have to optimize my code but I think c++ would be faster albeit much more of a pain to work with.

Posted Nov 27, '12 at 7:54am

WhiskeyedJack

WhiskeyedJack

83 posts

The other thing to remember is that python is in an interpreted language. On the upside this means that there are no compiling times (yay!) and your program is cross-platform (as long as they have the interpreter on their system, which you can bundle with the install if need be). The downside is that it tends to be slightly less efficient, so in memory intensive scenarios like raytracing, you may be better off with something in the C family.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 11:05am

gabrielzanchete

gabrielzanchete

4 posts

cool!!

Reply to Everything Python

You must be logged in to post a reply!