ForumsSupport ForumMore points for submitting a game?

26 5506
Wafflesthemanatee
Wafflesthemanatee
15 posts
Nomad

apparently you are only given 20 AP for submitting a game. Alot of gamemakers work really hard, and this doesnt seem like a fair reward for their efforts. I was thinking we could award games that did particularly well (had an 8/10 rating or higher after the first month, say), with more points
and we could award even more points for those whose games made the &quotopular games" section
thoughts?

• 26 Replies
jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

no 20 is by far enough points

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

yes i agree, the "spam talkers" have way more points than the spam game creators.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

20 pts per game is probably enough, but we should cut out points for profile comments, game comments, and forums posts. Leave Merits with points, but maybe only 10 or so. Cuts down on spam and gives game developers the credit they deserve.

Iceburg116
Iceburg116
6 posts
Nomad

No, no, no. I think their should be a boost in the amount f points received per submitted game. As long as they aren't crappy 2-bit rejeactable crap, yes, more poins should be given. If it were raised too high people may just re-make games under a different storyline or a bunch of stick figures swinging brooms. If the game is good enough, say receives 6.5 or higher for a solid week then the submitter should receive 45+ points.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hmmm, maybe, but if you think about it, the only game developers that actually come on to the site are John and ocassionally Dan. I am pretty sure they would do it for no points.

madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

I agree with Bigbowla, Armor Points actually are supposed to show user activity, and game makers aren't so active on Armor Games.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Yes, if you gave, from the example of a post saying game makers should get 100 AP per game, them 100 AP, armourgames would have, 10000+. I beleive when I first saw a discussion on this, a Mod said that if hundreds pf points were given, the Top 10 and possibly Top 15-20 would be filled with game companies like CrazyMonkey, AddictingGames, and even our own, the Armourgames profile(not so much anymore but the others still get points...). Therefore that's a big problem to all our avid pointmakers vying for the Top 10 and such, plus it may increase spam some. Plus the Top 10 is on our homeage, that wouldn't be very good in my opinion, for some reason it just doesn't appeal?
Also, as Estel/Bigbowla532 said, there is no point in giving too many points since most game developers don't even participate on this site, their accounts usually only exist to allow submittance of their games, and sometimes, very rarely, reply to the feedback of their games left on their page, other than that, not much is done as far as I can see.
However if game companies and other non-active game developers were excluded somehow from making points off of their games, well then the points could be boosted a bit, but not too the example of 100 AP per game, I think then we may start getting 'game spam', if someone was willing to take the time to make individual games that are able to pass the AG requirments, of course.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

Yes then people could easily copy games that are not theirs and get 100AP for something thats not theirs so 20AP is enough and if it went up higher it would go to 25AP probabaly.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

i was thinking of 30, but 25-30 if fine

NeoStarblaze7
NeoStarblaze7
102 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's very simple to copy games so 20 poins ARE ENOUGH!

blackboulder
blackboulder
10 posts
Nomad

i agree

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

I really don't care what happens because I am not a game making type of person. I guess we could keep it the way it is because like what KoS said, people would be stealing other peoples game make claiming them as their own to get points.

UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

What needs to change is more points for creating games, and less for rating games. Perhaps less for commenting on games, as well.

blackboulder
blackboulder
10 posts
Nomad

no it should be that if play activly and u make a game u get 25-30 points

because look at the armor games profile its just makes games

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

I think that it should be the same as normal because how many average day players on AG are really gunna submit a game everyday?

Showing 1-15 of 26