Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

New law in Arizona that makes trolling illegal?

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 9:03pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,549 posts

Knight

25 years for trolling? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What happened to freedom of speech, one of America's most glorious rights?

And doesn't Arizona's state government have better things to do with their time? As in, don't they have more important stupid laws to enforce?

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 9:42pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Hah, I was actually considering moving to Arizona... now I'm not so sure! I don't plan to do any trolling any time soon, but if they take crap like this seriously enough to actually put people in PRISON for it, that's definitely not a state I'd feel safe living in!

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 3:09pm

deathbewithyou

deathbewithyou

586 posts

First of all, there is a difference between trolling and bullying. I've seen the fiference, trollers have seen it, and non-trollers seen it. Trolling is something that us more of folling around with a person. Bullying is saying hurtful words. See the difference?

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 3:23pm

espadaxin2

espadaxin2

516 posts

wow this is ridiculous. 25 years? politicians abusing power. they probably were trolled on the internet and are mad.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 7:31pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

First of all, there is a difference between trolling and bullying. I've seen the fiference, trollers have seen it, and non-trollers seen it. Trolling is something that us more of folling around with a person. Bullying is saying hurtful words. See the difference?

and bullying is worth 25 years?
murder is 25 years in the usa. and if you just speak the truth and tell them you might just get 10 year.

xD

(ow btw. here we go again, another crazy government idea. and again in.. ow w/e have fun whit it. xD )

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 8:22pm

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

192 posts

Wow, I feel like this would be very hard to inforce. So many people would be in trouble. Time could be better spent on other things. Filling prisons with people who "troll" just seems ridiculous. Sometimes people say troll-ish things as a joke or sarcastically and then people will be thrown in prison? Trolling may be a problem sometimes but I think this is taking things a step too far.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 8:46pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,175 posts

I think if they actually tried to enforce this law, it would be prohibitively expensive, and if it does pass, one has to wonder how long into the next set of politicians the law would last.

ex. Back up in Washington there was a tax created for any non-flour or other such thing based food, like candy. This lasted a year before being repealed, I am guessing this will be the same.

p.s. If they made it illegal to troll on sites like the governor's official site, that would make sense.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 8:52pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

ex. Back up in Washington there was a tax created for any non-flour or other such thing based food, like candy. This lasted a year before being repealed, I am guessing this will be the same.

well pizza is still called healthy food. so that schools can sell it in the cafeteria.
some crazy things are staying. ;)

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 1:18am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,269 posts

Wow, I feel like this would be very hard to inforce.

Just imagine it...literal Internet Police O_o

well pizza is still called healthy food. so that schools can sell it in the cafeteria.
some crazy things are staying. ;)

Don't be foolish! Pizza is a vegetable!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhgjoeUm2qzCwgEyYTmbEk4sSSEoiMD8N_tatNxi-T4Bm9fQxu

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 1:43am

SwordmasterQ

SwordmasterQ

23 posts

Doesn't this make politicians illegal in Arizona? They commonly use electronic devices to sling mud at each other, especially around election time on TV.
And most people find those ADs extremely annoying.

IF it will put an end to those damm annoyin' political ads, I WANT IT PASSED!... Of course then 2 things would happen: A- they'll use a legal loophole to get around it/just ignore the law alltogether and B-Oh, yeah, there's that thing about it violating my rights as a ****ING HUMAN BEING!

Reply to New law in Arizona that makes trolling illegal?

You must be logged in to post a reply!