ForumsThe TavernPupolar Armor Game's people

108 16450
ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

I have been thinking, are there people on armor games, that are, kinda "famous" The only one i can think of is Ernie15, yah, you.

• 108 Replies
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

magegreywolf

That guy...

Let's all have a moment of silence for the great and powerful Mage. Highfire and I make a point to always speak of him as a legend, nothing less.

-Chillz
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Highfire and I make a point to always speak of him as a legend, nothing less.

I'm confused...I thought he was a legend? O.o
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I'm confused...I thought he was a legend? O.o

Please use the exits labeled clearly by the doors, and come back when you learn to lurk moar.

-Chillz
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I remember talking about this exact same bull early last year...and then two years ago..and then three... and four years ago.

I am not surprised. The faces change, but the problems never do.

good to see Chillz is flaunting his privates here as well

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I've seen one less of these thread than you knight_34 (welcome back btw!), but I have to agree completely. It seems that there's still a need for these, so... yah... =)

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Um... well, my turn to poke around this.

Wasn't threads about pupolar people be forbidden?

And... it's hard to see who is pupolar when people get carried by their own personal agenda. I mean, people will think pupolar people are those who are active and their friends. Or with little effort, people would point the ones at the top 10 as the most popular.

Well, analyzing the situation now: it's a fact that people at the top 10 are more famous than the general AG user, but the reason isn't actually because they are there: it's because of what they did to get there: posting stuff often, with quality.

And there's those folks who are pupolar in a few sections of the community or for being helpful to other users and those who have remarkable features - those aren't actually popular, but can be remembered for some characteristic.

TL;DR: Popular people around all forums include knight_34, Ernie15, MrDayCee, daleks, GhostOfMatrix, jeol (for the time they have spent here, and the quality of their posts), while the pupolar people from the Flash Games section include SSTG - for the maps he makes in CTC. From the writing section, Maverick and murasaki9. And people who have remarkable characteristics include: Cenere - former mod, has a pretty big influence among the older users of AG -, Strop - the mod known for horse-ly drawings -, Patrick2011 - for the over the top seriousness -, firetail_madness - for being the number one, and being around the Flash Games section - and even Chillz - for being a satanist and making threads and replies about himself.

Not to mention every single user who has a legacy from ol' days of AG.

Matter of fact: Just like any other replies for this thread, there's a probability of this one being biased. It's human, get used to it.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

there's a probability of this one being biased. It's human, get used to it.

The best line ever said,ever.*sniff sniff* that was beutifull,Killersup almost cried in his ghostly essence.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Ah Roger, you miss spelled pupolar twice. You replaced it with &quotopular". Da fauq man?

there's a probability of this one being biased. It's human, get used to it.

Well.... yeah...
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I've seen one less of these thread than you knight_34 (welcome back btw!), but I have to agree completely. It seems that there's still a need for these, so... yah... =)

Hey, thanks. I just wanted to see how things were going.

I'm surprised the same people have been lurking around.

general AG user, but the reason isn't actually because they are there: it's because of what they did to get there: posting stuff often, with quality.

Let's look at the people who are in the top 10 right now: FT, Ernie, Google57, Roadripper, plokkey, MrDayCee, Carlie, tennisman24, yours truly, and Xcalibur45. As I recall, all of us have at least a fair amount of posts, but the most important source of AP is the crapload of comments we've all made. Tru fax.

I've talked endlessly about this topic before, but I just had to point that out Roj.

Matter of fact: Just like any other replies for this thread, there's a probability of this one being biased. It's human, get used to it.

This thread IS bias.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

but the most important source of AP is the crapload of comments we've all made.

God. You morons!

When I think of pupolar, I think of that Pokemon that evolves into Tyrannitar. I'm I far off?
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

When I think of pupolar, I think of that Pokemon that evolves into Tyrannitar. I'm I far off?

Lol. I think it's Pupitar, so close.

Trust me if you want to be pupolar stay here for 5 years and be been decently active all that time. That is how to get pupolar right there. There is no shortcut... especially in a non-active forum. But really being pupolar means nothing, at least on internet forums.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Well, you could categorize almost everyone into separate categories if you wanted to. The site doesn't have any "Renaissance Men" that are truly and perfectly rounded in everything. Everyone has their unique talents.

In the AMW, we have Moon, jeol, Mav, Orion, Nicho, Parsat, acmed, dudeguy, jdogg, EmporerPalapatine, Tacky, and a few occasionally seen people who make cameo appearances. Oh, and Skele and daleks are judges.

BRAAINZz, jeol, thepunisher, and some other people make rare appearances in the Programming Forum.

Anyone who is anybody posts in The Tavern.

MrDayCee, Mino, and some solemn posters live in Popular Media.

Nicho, danielo, party, MageGrayWolf, thepunisher, Kasic, Nemo, sensanaty, Hahiha, High, and jacen are all the WEPR's master debaters (lol).

xeano321, DarkFire, Patrick, Unknown, Cardibard, thaboss, pickpocket, pang, Waldorf, and about 10,000 other people use the Forum Games.

d_dude, Manly, pang, vinster, Santi, BRAAINZz, pickpocket, spikeabc, fries, SSTG, and ultimatesanta reign the Video and Flash Game forums. Wait, sorry, Chillz runs it, Those are his minions.

In the top 3 sections, MrDayCee, Ghost, UnleashedUponMankind, and the occasional assistant join in to help people in need of assistance.

That about sums up the more iconic users around here. Of course, daleks, Skele, knight, the mods, killersup, Ernie and a hundred other people don't really have a place to call "home."

I like to think I fit in just about anywhere, unless someone would like to adopt me. :P

but the most important source of AP is the crapload of comments we've all made.

Pffft. Your amounts aren't anything. The ratio for comments to forum posts is like, 5:1 now. 5 comments for every post made. It obviously relates to the forum's activity, whether it caused it to go down or the inactivity caused it to happen. Maybe people just thought, "hey, I can get twice as much AP from commenting than posting!"

=/
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

God. You morons!

I'm not so sure if you're chastising me or not. :P

Pffft. Your amounts aren't anything. The ratio for comments to forum posts is like, 5:1 now. 5 comments for every post made. It obviously relates to the forum's activity, whether it caused it to go down or the inactivity caused it to happen. Maybe people just thought, "hey, I can get twice as much AP from commenting than posting!"

The important thing here is the volume of comments, not the ratio. The top three current users by AP - FT, Ernie and Google567 - have at least 16,000 comments each..at least 32,000 AP from comments alone. Not a small amount. Three years ago the top users barely had 10,000. Even then, the ratios have always been that way. This reflects how people use their profile comments to communicate, the usage of which isn't that dependent on forum activity although a correlation exists between them.

My point is, Roger said that the top 10 got to where they were because of the quality forum posts they've made. Not to insult the current crop of users, but I burst into laughter when I saw that. Going back to the past, I've seen people jack their AP counts up without making a meaningful contribution to the forums.

tl;dr -- plenty of AP /=/ respect

P.S. People have always known that comments were a lucrative source of AP
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Oh, and Skele and daleks are judges.

I am a part time judge dude. And pretty much only because I suck at coming up with good topics and at times I am busy as hell. But hey man, you are a judge too.
Of course, daleks, Skele, knight, the mods, killersup, Ernie and a hundred other people don't really have a place to call "home."

I would say the Tavern is where I post the most. I only really post in the Tavern, DayCee's threads in Popular Media, and the ASC thread.

Anyway, on topic. I judge all people the same. People who are serfs I treat the same as the Top 10 people. If you don't bug me I will not get mad at you and treat you with the respect you deserve.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, you could categorize almost everyone into separate categories if you wanted to. The site doesn't have any "Renaissance Men" that are truly and perfectly rounded in everything. Everyone has their unique talents.

Our posting habits don't necessarily reflect our skills, just how we prefer to post.

---

I've always been a Tavern person, by the way.

By the way Salvidian, I appreciate your list. The empty spaces where people I remember once belonged make me feel a bit sad.

You forgot this guy with 8000 posts.
Showing 46-60 of 108