ForumsThe TavernPupolar Armor Game's people

108 16432
ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

I have been thinking, are there people on armor games, that are, kinda "famous" The only one i can think of is Ernie15, yah, you.

• 108 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Gee, must every alternative post be a person hysterically acclaiming with false modesty, recognition of him as pupolar?

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I'm not even sure if im popular on AG...im probably not...SOMEONE TELL ME!

You're not.

Gee, must every alternative post be a person hysterically acclaiming with false modesty, recognition of him as pupolar?

I despair of AG, I mainly left because the intelligent conversation and all the regulars just disappeared over the span of a month. Now it's pretty dead and pretty much lacking anything interesting or intelligent. I mean, when the 'most pupolar' threads were made before, users seemed to have certain roles in the community and were known for great thread trends, but now it's just a spam fest of narcissism.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

In AG's post-intelligence era, yes.

I despair of AG, I mainly left because the intelligent conversation and all the regulars just disappeared over the span of a month. Now it's pretty dead and pretty much lacking anything interesting or intelligent. I mean, when the 'most pupolar' threads were made before, users seemed to have certain roles in the community and were known for great thread trends, but now it's just a spam fest of narcissism.

Spot on. I'd argue that the death was longer than a month though. The last time I was active in any form was around April 2011, and that place was already past its peak by then.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What is this nonsense about AG's 'ost-intelligence era?' We've become stupid little pukes? Of course, I gotta disagree. Go to the very last page of any sub-forum and count how many threads are 'smart' compared to today's standards. I think it's pretty parabolic, most likely due to the generation translation we've been experiencing. Old users have quit, and young users have joined. Obviously to you vets the forums feel dumber than what you may have thought of them a year or two ago. 4 or so years ago, most of you would probably be around the 12, 13, or 14 age, which are ages associated with immaturity. You've grown up, and now that it's happening again you can't handle it.

Don't get me started on inactivity. I'm the got-durn Pickle man for god's sake!

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

@nichodemus

Wow. You officially just turned into a ****. Good job.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Pickpocket hush yourself! You will displease the Yankee gods...

They aren't displeases right now? George better give them a pice of his mind...
What is this nonsense about AG's 'ost-intelligence era?' We've become stupid little pukes? Of course, I gotta disagree. Go to the very last page of any sub-forum and count how many threads are 'smart' compared to today's standards. I think it's pretty parabolic, most likely due to the generation translation we've been experiencing. Old users have quit, and young users have joined. Obviously to you vets the forums feel dumber than what you may have thought of them a year or two ago.  4 or so years ago, most of you would probably be around the 12, 13, or 14 age, which are ages associated with immaturity. You've grown up, and now that it's happening again you can't handle it.

Preach on brotha!
Speeking of that, why complain about how bad it is? Sure, it's not as good as before. You have two options. One would be to stay here and try to impact the community in a positive way in an effort to change things. Or, you could leave.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You're in the Tavern, brah. AG has grown in size, the small village where all townsfolk knew each other is gone; but there are many people still around with which you can start intelligent conversations, you just gotta search for the right place/people and ignore the flamers and spammers. You leaving the place certainly didn't contribute to the level of discussions.
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

What is this nonsense about AG's 'ost-intelligence era?' We've become stupid little pukes? Of course, I gotta disagree.

Maybe you're taking it too personally.

I admit, we were a little more immature when we were most active, but that was only 2/3 years ago and I was 16/17, not 12. The forum has disintegrated, we've noticed it, we're pointing it out. All I'm saying is that it felt much more like a community that got along and shared in-jokes and neat ideas and kept the more popular threads running, had regular interaction with the mods, created names for ourselves, so to speak.. whereas now there's not much substance to most of the new threads (except for the AMW and WEPR), not that many users stick around long enough to become well known and none of the goddamm contests in the AMW are judged on time!

Preach on brotha!
Speeking of that, why complain about how bad it is? Sure, it's not as good as before. You have two options. One would be to stay here and try to impact the community in a positive way in an effort to change things. Or, you could leave.

It's great how all you current active AGers get butthurt when we mention the good old days!

But at the end of the day, I suppose I'm not in a position to complain anymore. The days when my opinion made a difference is over and I need to get into the new swing of things
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

It's great how all you current active AGers get butthurt when we mention the good old days!

No, you can talk about that great time all you want. But the complaining and the not doing anything about it, thats what gets me "butthurt". Not pointing any fingers, its just a general thing I have seen. People here look up to you guys. You guys all have a major influence on the community and from my eyes it looks wasted on complaining.
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I found this thread, maybe it can shed light on the subject?

I just can't help comparing this AG to the AG I knew 2/3 years ago. Maybe I'm butthurt that nobody knows me anymore yet Nichodemus is still pupolar, damm him. Even knight is, and he went on hiatus too!

1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

ME!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

What the hell did I miss...?

I mainly left because the intelligent conversation and all the regulars just disappeared over the span of a month.

Is it impossible to think that your idea of an intelligent conversation has since changed over time? Or, perhaps, have you even gone out of your way to have an intelligent conversation with a stranger? It won't happen at all if one of you doesn't initiate it, and you may very well be surprised at the outcome.

Now it's pretty dead and pretty much lacking anything interesting or intelligent.

That's because we have too many people complaining about easily fixable things, such as a lack of intelligent posts. If you feel there's a lack of interesting subjects in the forums, why not post something interesting and contribute instead of just criticize other people for not doing exactly what you're not doing?

users seemed to have certain roles in the community and were known for great thread trends

Sad to say, there just isn't as much community interest as there was three years ago. This newer generation of users doesn't take community involvement too seriously, which is disappointing if you've been here for a few years.

However, this doesn't seem to concern most of the users of the current era; it's only brought up when users from past years come back and start discussing how the site isn't what it used to be. Things change. If you want the community to be more like it was in a past era, you can do your part to change that. Believe it or not, taking action sometimes works; and if the community is really as dry and desolate as you say it is, you can't fail by trying to improve it.

but now it's just a spam fest of narcissism.

So really, nothing has changed.

"When I was active here, all the users here were interesting and intelligent. Now that my friends and I have all left, though, the community sucks and everyone's as dumb as dirt."

As far as narcissism goes, users fooling around and talking about how popular they are > people blatantly insulting the entire current community because it's different from what it was three years ago.

What is this nonsense about AG's 'ost-intelligence era?' We've become stupid little pukes?

There were just as many "stupid little pukes" in 2009 as there are now, you just wouldn't remember any of them because there was nothing memorable about any of them. In 2015, nobody will remember the 2012 community's dunces.

Maybe I'm butthurt that nobody knows me anymore

I didn't know you when you were predominantly active here, and we were active at the same time.

Even knight is, and he went on hiatus too!

Welcome to the top 10.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I commend OP for deftly constructing this thread, complete with an egregious error in the title, to elicit a discussion on the intelligence of AG members. Great way to address the situation without seeming like a ******bag.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

"When I was active here, all the users here were interesting and intelligent. Now that my friends and I have all left, though, the community sucks and everyone's as dumb as dirt."

Well that's one way to twist my words I guess..
I never said the forum 'dumbed down' because I left, I hardly contributed a massive amount of substance anyway, for example I have never posted in the WEPR because I'm not very good at debating (but I still secretly follow some of the debates). I certainly don't think everyone here is dumb, either. Ernie, you of all people must have noticed how dull the forums have become over time and surely you realise I'm not putting that down to the users to whom I'm replying to on this thread? Sal, pickpocket, pang, etc, are far from stupid, I like those guys, I don't want to appear condescending so I'm sorry if I did. I'm talking about the substance in the threads at the moment.

I didn't know you when you were predominantly active here, and we were active at the same time.

That hardly upsets me much, I was active predominantly in the AMW, less so in the Tavern.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

You're in the Tavern, brah. AG has grown in size, the small village where all townsfolk knew each other is gone; but there are many people still around with which you can start intelligent conversations, you just gotta search for the right place/people and ignore the flamers and spammers. You leaving the place certainly didn't contribute to the level of discussions.

Or you could muck around, a drink or two in hand, and eavesdrop on the conversation like I occasionaly do.
Showing 76-90 of 108