ForumsThe TavernPupolar Armor Game's people

108 16433
ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

I have been thinking, are there people on armor games, that are, kinda "famous" The only one i can think of is Ernie15, yah, you.

• 108 Replies
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Also, I'm pretty disappoint people like Klaus, Lige and even me weren't mentioned.

Hi Kirby, I was going to mention these guys but I forgot Lige's username and was just gonna say 'remember that really awesome but annoying one?', which doesn't narrow it down much.. Also I remember Thoad, Pixie, DDX, Alt, Skater, Manta, Moat, samdawghomie, erm... There's more but I can't remember them right now xD
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Ernie, you of all people must have noticed how dull the forums have become over time and surely you realise I'm not putting that down to the users to whom I'm replying to on this thread?

You did say the forums lacked anything interesting and intelligent, which is pretty insulting to just about everybody who actually tries to contribute to the community whether or not you actually meant it that way.

I do agree, the forums have become more and more dull over the years. I only see this decline as an opportunity to make them interesting again, but it's difficult when only a few people are willing to put in the effort.
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

You did say the forums lacked anything interesting and intelligent, which is pretty insulting to just about everybody who actually tries to contribute to the community whether or not you actually meant it that way.

Okay fair enough, I didn't choose my words correctly. I take back saying the forums lacked intelligence & substance.

I only see this decline as an opportunity to make them interesting again, but it's difficult when only a few people are willing to put in the effort.

I haven't a clue where to start.
I will try to think of something though, I promise! We could remake the Forum Digest that Fst6 and Pazx ran again, feature different active users, make them aware that they are important and acknowledged xD
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

@nichodemus

Wow. You officially just turned into a ****. Good job.

That was a mistake^ Never insult sombody like nich,because when you do,suprisingly not this time though,everybody will gang up on you.

He managed to insult you and many others while staying within the rules of the site.When you have been here long enough you will figure out how to do it yourself.Although Killersup does seem to find that the moderators will tolorate the veterans more then the newer users.Such as,if a veteran would to insult a newcomer,then would get a smack on the fingers at worse.However a newcomer insulting a veteran leads to lots of complaining,bans,arguments,and threats....
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Sal, pickpocket, pang, etc, are far from stupid, I like those guys,

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1UOQ/yes-baby/image.png

I love how we are actually having a conversation now, not just about how pupolar we are.

lacked anything interesting and intelligent

It feels like its doing better now. A few weeks ago it felt a little dull.

I take back saying the forums lacked intelligence & substance.

We forgive you.

We could remake the Forum Digest that Fst6 and Pazx ran again, feature different active users, make them aware that they are important and acknowledged

Thats the spirit!
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

What is this nonsense about AG's 'ost-intelligence era?' We've become stupid little pukes? Of course, I gotta disagree.

A sardonic exaggeration of an old fool's nostalgic thoughts. :P

Go to the very last page of any sub-forum and count how many threads are 'smart' compared to today's standards.

Early AG was definitely retarded. I signed up in March 2008 and I remembered it. Most of the "vets" weren't even around that early, but were present for the good times of late '08 and all of '09.

I think it's pretty parabolic, most likely due to the generation translation we've been experiencing. Old users have quit, and young users have joined. Obviously to you vets the forums feel dumber than what you may have thought of them a year or two ago.

Interesting viewpoint, but there isn't a whole lot to substantiate it at the moment. I can agree with your sentiment, but I still think the forums were pretty dumb last year. In fact, they've always been dumb but things just aren't the same.

4 or so years ago, most of you would probably be around the 12, 13, or 14 age, which are ages associated with immaturity. You've grown up, and now that it's happening again you can't handle it.

Yes, most of us would have changed over three or four years, especially the younger ones. However, that doesn't mean we're just whining now because we were too blind to see things back then. Memory does distort, but the forums just aren't as fun as they used to be.

You're in the Tavern, brah. AG has grown in size, the small village where all townsfolk knew each other is gone; but there are many people still around with which you can start intelligent conversations, you just gotta search for the right place/people and ignore the flamers and spammers. You leaving the place certainly didn't contribute to the level of discussions.

Certainly doesn't, but I deemed after a while that the activity had died down sufficiently to warrant my frequenting of the site to be a bit excessive. I gradually started coming less, and as other people started quitting I eventually did to.

Also, I'm pretty disappoint people like Klaus, Lige and even me weren't mentioned.

Yet again that was 4 years ago.

They were all still around two years ago..which doesn't seem as long as it actually is.

Speeking of that, why complain about how bad it is? Sure, it's not as good as before. You have two options. One would be to stay here and try to impact the community in a positive way in an effort to change things. Or, you could leave.

Trying to preserve the old in face of an overwhelming influx of the new is pretty difficult when it isn't a concerted effort. Plus, I didn't want to stick around and force things to stay if my old friends were leaving in droves and the familiar faces were fading away.

---

Back on topic, browsing through this thread again I find it laughable at how this suddenly turned into an exchange about new users' intelligence.

My issue is that things just aren't the same. It isn't easy to explain, even with degrading insults. Seeing these popularity threads pop up over the months, with the depth and breadth of the conversations changing..names lost and recycled...and fads come and go, really makes me feel a bit disappointed. For perhaps the good sense of community vets like I once had, the sense of entitlement and privilege we once enjoyed, has gradually bitten the dust. It wouldn't be easy to understand if you weren't there, and it was more than just a bunch of posts and comments.

Point is, if we old users ***** about this then you shouldn't take it too offensively. Like others have already mentioned, rambling about this is fruitless.
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

@killersup10

I'm not new...I remember playing that clan war game in the forums however long ago. I'm not a veteran, but I'm not new either. And I know how to insult someone and still staying within the Armor Games rules, but I didn't. And BTW

YoUr MeAn!

http://letsgomad.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/angry_baby_head.jpg?w=570

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Sal, pickpocket, pang, etc, are far from stupid, I like those guys

Whoa O.o I was noticed! (calm the excitement down pang...don't scream like a lil girl)

We could remake the Forum Digest that Fst6 and Pazx ran again, feature different active users, make them aware that they are important and acknowledged

This used to be a thing?? Man..just more to the list of awesome things I missed out on by beginning to become active so late

In fact, they've always been dumb but things just aren't the same.

Because before..it was dumb and active! Now..it is dumb and empty

--

I will say...there is at least one good thing coming from the lower number of people in the forums...familiarity (at least..in my opinion)

In a lot of other forums (with many active user) across the interwebs...I've noticed that the post count of a person doesn't really matter to another user (while here in AG...you can get a good general idea about a user from his post count. People with higher posts tend to make posts of higher quality and usually much larger posts...people with low posts usually..do not)...and usually there isn't much recognition between users (while here in AG, you can notice the difference in how a person replies to pupolar user than to any other user...also here in AG some users have certain recognizable traits about them [MrDayCee and his joyfulness and emoticon usage, Patrick2011 and his seriousness, Killersup and his 3rd person, Maverick4 and his arrogance, etc] that is noticed by many other users, while in other forums they are over looked, because the user is usually overlooked)

Even though it'd be great to get more people in here...at the same time it is nice to come to a place where you recognize people

Tis be just my opinion, however

tl;dr - I like the fact that I know who is who
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Hmm.. There were few problems with familiarity before, even with the high levels of activity. The same 50-100 users were keeping the forums afloat; dunno how high that number is today. I'll probably get out a list of people when I get back home just to reinforce my point.

In a lot of other forums (with many active user) across the interwebs...I've noticed that the post count of a person doesn't really matter to another user (while here in AG...you can get a good general idea about a user from his post count. People with higher posts tend to make posts of higher quality and usually much larger posts...people with low posts usually..do not)...and usually there isn't much recognition between users (while here in AG, you can notice the difference in how a person replies to pupolar user than to any other user...also here in AG some users have certain recognizable traits about them [MrDayCee and his joyfulness and emoticon usage, Patrick2011 and his seriousness, Killersup and his 3rd person, Maverick4 and his arrogance, etc] that is noticed by many other users, while in other forums they are over looked, because the user is usually overlooked)

Old AG was exactly the same, just with much more activity and more people.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

people with low posts usually..do not

And when someone with a low post count comes along and starts posting great quality messages, people get suspicious. They'll start to wonder why this supposed newbie is posting more intricate responses than they are, and then they'll subconsciously jump to strange and improbable conclusions.

Or maybe that's just my reaction.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

And when someone with a low post count comes along and starts posting great quality messages, people get suspicious. They'll start to wonder why this supposed newbie is posting more intricate responses than they are, and then they'll subconsciously jump to strange and improbable conclusions.

Like when I came along. I had people talk about how I was anti-staff and hated AG. >_>
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

Well, I was just wondering, how good are my posts? What do you guys think on a scale from one to ten.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

tl;dr - I like the fact that I know who is who

Well, I know double-posting is frowned upon in this society, but I feel out o' the loop. What does

tl;dr
mean? I see it everywhere, and i do not know what it means.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Well, I was just wondering, how good are my posts? What do you guys think on a scale from one to ten.

I'd say 5. Before you beat yourself up, 5 is pretty good considering the amount of idiotic noobs around. You could explain this a little bit more, and your posts don't always contribute to the topic. You seem to be kind of distracted easily and go off and other things weren't mentioned, which doesn't help anyone. You could try and see if you can extend your posts to about a paragraph in length, because if you lengthen something, you're prone to adding important details you may have forgotten if you would have kept it short.

Well, I know double-posting is frowned upon in this society, but I feel out o' the loop. What does

tl;dr

mean? I see it everywhere, and i do not know what it means.

Too long; didn't read. It's basically taking the entire post and summing it up into a short sentence.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Or maybe that's just my reaction.

Given your weariness, it isn't unreasonable to do that...even if it is a tad bit xenophobic. An unfortunate side effect of our isolationist community.
Showing 91-105 of 108