ForumsGamespokemon

31 5488
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

list anything about pokemon here. ideas, tips, favorite/least favorite pokemon. only these three.

u can talk as much as u like.

ex. I like dewott (from pokemon b/w) because:

1. dewott looks awesome. you know ninja pose.

2. for one thing water has 2 weaknesses better resistance against the other 2.

3. I like pokemon with two feet and two arms.

tip: here is a good reason not to get snivy:

yes, his/her looks are cool. But his type is grass type and grass type has FIVE weaknesses. many pokemon masters are fooled getting him by his look but here is my tip: aim for the strongest NOT the pokemon with cool looks. the best pokemon may be ugly but they could be strong too.

• 31 Replies
EarthShocker
EarthShocker
2 posts
Nomad

Who knows good game like pokemon fights?

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Nobody chooses grass types for their starters anyways... Throughout the generations, they are useless.

I'm with this guy. It's always been "Charizard vs Blastoise", with Venusaur always taking a back seat to their crazy antics.

I like dewott

Get that weak crud outta here you non-OG trainer.

Best pokemon? Charizard and Gyarados. No contest.

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/charizard.jpg

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/41/130Gyarados.png/180px-130Gyarados.png

-Chillz
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

uhh... i don't go for defense and speed because that is not a good combination. I would go for ATTACK and SPEED because you get to strike the heavy blow first before the opponent does. SPEED and DEFENSE is like hit and run.

Like I said, if you can set up a few coils. Your attack would be powerful as well as defense and accuracy. Having high attack all the time isn't the best strategy.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm with this guy. It's always been "Charizard vs Blastoise", with Venusaur always taking a back seat to their crazy antics.

Well then...call me a bit crazy cause I always choose Venusaur (of course, when playing Pokemon red...with yellow you get all 3 starters and with blue you can't catch growlithe)

Venusaur right away gives you an advantage over the 1st, 2nd, and 8th gym (as well as an advantage over the first 2 elite four members). Also, in my opinion, I'd much prefer Arcanine over Charizard

Base stat comparison:

Charizard:

HP - 78
Attack - 84
Defense - 78
Special - 85
Speed - 100

Arcanine:

HP - 90
Attack - 110
Defense - 80
Special - 80
Speed - 95
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

charizard... that fire pokemon that is also weak against electricity? LOL

thats from my objective point of view.

i personally like charizard

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

charizard is flying and fire type which means he is epic against grass type. But electric type is added as a weakness in exchange for ground type.

And chillzmaster if you are picky about evolution then I say samurott is great.

but why would you be so picky anyway? It's still possible to train dewott to lv. 100 or whatever. You just learn moves much quicker.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

guys heres my favorite list

.charizard
.lucario
.umbreon
.gliscor
.tortera
.beratec
.areodactyl
.hypno
and guys stop arguing JUST BE GLAD POKEMON BLACK 2 AND POKEMON WHITE 2 ARE OUT THEY HAVE ALL THE POKEMON

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

guys heres my favorite list

Not to be rude here but...uh...we don't really care...sorry

and guys stop arguing

Not arguing debating...and I think I'm winning... (no one has yet to offer a rebuttal to what I've said)

JUST BE GLAD POKEMON BLACK 2 AND POKEMON WHITE 2 ARE OUT

When they announced Black and White 2...I was so dissapointed. Even with gen 4 and 5 there was SOME creativity...but the fact that they couldn't even be creative enough to make a new game, instead continuing off the last, that is the laziest thing I've seen them do
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Venusaur right away gives you an advantage over the 1st, 2nd, and 8th gym (as well as an advantage over the first 2 elite four members).

That just means that you have to work all the harder with your Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard. The first two gyms are absolute torture for Charmander users, but it makes your pokemon super-charged and super-strong, forging a bond that you'll never forget with your flame-dragon-thingee.

And chillzmaster if you are picky about evolution then I say samurott is great.

but why would you be so picky anyway? It's still possible to train dewott to lv. 100 or whatever. You just learn moves much quicker.

Your favorite pokemon isn't from G1 Kanto. You make me sick

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab107/JQuiz89/pokemon.jpg

-Chillz
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

whatever chillz...

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

charizard is flying and fire type which means he is epic against grass type

lol that doesnt make him any better against a grass type then any other fire OR flying pokemon. actually, its even worse since he gets a "strength" he already has.

imagine you have an rpg character that you maxed out his defense and now his defense is as high as possible without even carrying an armor. and now you give him an armor that raises defense but also adds a weakness to lightning..... really?
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

whatever chillz...

Is that it? really? That's your argument? That's your argument to /theseitalicsrepresentmyargument/?

You make me sick, you filthy casual.

and now you give him an armor that raises defense but also adds a weakness to lightning..... really?

Gives him a weakness to lightning, but he can't be touched by ground-type attacks.

-Chillz
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Gives him a weakness to lightning, but he can't be touched by ground-type attacks.

I believe you mean, gives him a weakness to lightning AND nullifies his ice resistance AND a 4x weakness to rock. He doesn't even learn fly in the original two games. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-pseudo.gif

Of course, only a filthy casual would forget such a thing.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

He doesn't even learn fly in the original two games.

Uh...yes he does? Well, can. Since fly is an HM (you know, those thingamabobs that used to the be only reusable item that taught your pokemon a move? Stupid Black/White...)

You're all focusing on what weaknesses are added against Charizard because he's fire and flying...aren't you forgetting to consider that, because he's part fire type, he can learn some ****** fire moves and roast things weak to fire too...? It's not just adding a weakness, it's adding strengths too.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Uh...yes he does? Well, can. Since fly is an HM (you know, those thingamabobs that used to the be only reusable item that taught your pokemon a move? Stupid Black/White...)

Nope. Charizard can't learn fly in Red and Blue. In Yellow (and every game after) he can, but not in the originals.

You're all focusing on what weaknesses are added against Charizard because he's fire and flying...aren't you forgetting to consider that, because he's part fire type, he can learn some ****** fire moves and roast things weak to fire too...? It's not just adding a weakness, it's adding strengths too.

The whole argument was about Charizard's advantages of being Fire/Flying as opposed to just Fire. Which is a losing trade, because he only gains two advantages from this: strength against fighting and immunity from ground. Anything else weak to flying already has a weakness to fire.

The disadvantages? Losing a resistance and gaining two new weaknesses (or rather, rock becoming a crippling 4x weakness).

Not to mention, anything in support of Charizard being a fire type could just as well be support for any of the other dozens of fire types, so that's not something unique to Charizard.
Showing 16-30 of 31