Forums

ForumsVideo Games

AG minecraft?

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 4:23pm

RyanHunter2000

RyanHunter2000

3 posts

Who thinks armor games should hve a minecraft server? I play minecraft all the time and my vote is yes.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 4:29pm

The_Fire_Ninja

The_Fire_Ninja

15 posts

I dont know man, it sounds cool but why does Armor Games NEED a minecraft server? There already so awesome.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 4:50pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Minecraft is an indie game, meaning the creators publish and run it themselves. If AG received a Minecraft serer, they would need to have AG co-publish it, ruining the "indie game" feel. I know AG doesn't co-publish a lot of their games, but I know they do to some extent with MMOs.

Posted Oct 3, '12 at 6:34pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

Minecraft is an indie game, meaning the creators publish and run it themselves. If AG received a Minecraft serer, they would need to have AG co-publish it, ruining the "indie game" feel. I know AG doesn't co-publish a lot of their games, but I know they do to some extent with MMOs.

I think the ITT is to get a MC server for AG users only. Stuff where the factions led by me, Ernie, and ManlyMan can go to war and stuff using DIAMOND SWORDS!!

-Chillz

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 10:36am

light_chaser

light_chaser

1,092 posts

I agree with the master of chillness, I would join ernies team...

DIAMOND SWORD, FTW!

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 5:22pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I think the ITT is to get a MC server for AG users only.

You can't be serious. Seriously? No. Can't be. No ****ing way.

Please tell me this is true.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 5:38pm

Santi_

Santi_

2,420 posts

We can only dream my friend, we can only dream.

I think the ITT is to get a MC server for AG users only. Stuff where the factions led by me, Ernie, and ManlyMan can go to war and stuff using DIAMOND SWORDS!!

I honestly think it would be better to try to get some of AG's coders to make some custom mods so that this is partially created by the users. Just a thought, because regular pvp can get a bit dull after a few days.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 8:15pm

MarioManiac99

MarioManiac99

3 posts

maybe... it would be a littleweird mixing flsh with inie games but it just might work.....

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 8:32pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

556 posts

It'd be perfectly possible, if someone really wants to go through the trouble (and potential financial investment!), since anyone can host a Minecraft server. But yeah, it'd most likely have to be a community-run server.

I honestly think it would be better to try to get some of AG's coders to make some custom mods so that this is partially created by the users. Just a thought, because regular pvp can get a bit dull after a few days.

It's a neat idea to be sure, but it's more complicated than you'd think. In addition to making the mods to begin with, they'd need to regularly maintain and fix them when problems occur or new versions get released.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 8:47pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

It'd be perfectly possible, if someone really wants to go through the trouble (and potential financial investment!), since anyone can host a Minecraft server. But yeah, it'd most likely have to be a community-run server.

Quickbit - you can run a server off of an actual IP, right? Websites are actually IPs, right? If AG (this is a long shot, but hypothetically speaking) made a separate subdomain to host a MC server and used the MySQL database (given that they use MySQL, which I wouldn't be surprised, and since all of the usernames would be listed in there anyways, or if their MC username is different, contain a different data form for it, like Xbox Live and PS3 and Wii) to White-list all of the AG users, only the AG users White-listed would be able to join. If they did get the server running up like that - which I am certain is possible - all it would take is an AG account, the subdomain AG uses to host it, and a Minecraft account to connect.

Complicated? Unnecessary? Awesome? Yes to all three. ;D

Reply to AG minecraft?

You must be logged in to post a reply!