Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Presidential Debate Tonight

Posted Oct 12, '12 at 12:09am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,615 posts

Knight

Biden certainly succeeded on the topic of foreign policy, but I was disappointed that he did not lay out the administration's plans for lowering unemployment and other domestic issues, other than 'tax the rich'. Biden spoke out of turn far more often and smiled/laughed way too much, which quickly became annoying. Still, he held his ground better than I expected and made up for Obama's lackluster performance.

He doesn't need to explain current policies does he? It's all ok the news, tax cuts for the middle class, tax cuts for SMEs, more protectionist trade measures, tax the rich.

Posted Oct 12, '12 at 10:11am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,922 posts

He doesn't need to explain current policies does he?

After being specifically asked how to get unemployment under 6% as Obama promised in '08 and when it would happen, saying 'tax the rich' doesn't cut it.

Posted Oct 12, '12 at 12:18pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,615 posts

Knight

After being specifically asked how to get unemployment under 6% as Obama promised in '08 and when it would happen, saying 'tax the rich' doesn't cut it.

I don't think you read what I posted. The government has already enacted more policies than taxing the rich; it's all in the media for the past four years. Up to the people to educate themselves.

Posted Oct 12, '12 at 3:17pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,922 posts

Up to the people to educate themselves.

To explain your plans in a debate, you don't say 'google it'. He dodged the question. He could've brought numbers or professional estimates on when the goal would be reached, but he attacked Ryan/Romney's plan instead of supporting himself.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 9:25am

partydevil

partydevil

5,068 posts

obama has warmed up, wasn't that easy for romney anymore.
(this sounds like a gameshow. xD )

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 10:32am

SSTG

SSTG

10,028 posts

Knight

Yeah he had an answer for all the BS Romney was spewing at him.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 3:11pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,600 posts

Knight

As before here is a video for those who missed it.
Complete Second Presidential Town Hall Debate 2012: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney - Oct 16, 2012

And as always please do look over the fact checks, especially if you are thinking of voting in this election.
http://factcheck.org/2012/10/factchecki … ra-debate/
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … ll-debate/

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 3:14pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

Yeah he had an answer for all the BS Romney was spewing at him.

No, no he didn't. How about when Romney accused Obama of investing in China? Sure, it was a personal attack, but it was hilarious watching Obama try to change the subject with that huge grin of embarrassment on his face.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 3:29pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,028 posts

Knight

No, no he didn't. How about when Romney accused Obama of investing in China? Sure, it was a personal attack, but it was hilarious watching Obama try to change the subject with that huge grin of embarrassment on his face.

Yeah sure, if you don't do it you can't compete against those cheaters who moved their factories to China.
And now those Republican hypocrites are whining because the Chinese make cheaper copies of their products. They're the ones who exported the technology there in the first place so it's a little hypocritical don't you think?

I'd rather buy a cheap imitation of a product knowing that the Chinese will make a decent profit instead of buying from those traitors who exploit their workers.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 4:27pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

Yeah sure, if you don't do it you can't compete against those cheaters who moved their factories to China.
And now those Republican hypocrites are whining because the Chinese make cheaper copies of their products. They're the ones who exported the technology there in the first place so it's a little hypocritical don't you think?

I'd rather buy a cheap imitation of a product knowing that the Chinese will make a decent profit instead of buying from those traitors who exploit their workers.

Moving companies to China is terrible, and no one said otherwise. If America had a better system for dealing with big business then companies would want to stay here. But no, Obama decides to tax the hell out of them, and pour all the revenue into his stupid Green Project, which is merely a huge hole devoted to gaining a good image for Obama.

Republicans moved companies to China? Say what? You're telling me that, after a democrat went into office, Apple and other huge tech companies went to China because of Republicans? That makes no sense. Obama taxed them too much.

Oh, and Republicans aren't as big as hypocrites as democrats are. Joe Biden said "WE GOT OSAMA BIN LADEN!" during one of his VP rallies. Who initiated the War on Terrorism? Bush did, and democrats criticized him for it. If Bush hadn't began the War on Terrorism, we wouldn't have had a slim chance to find and kill bin Laden. That's hypocrites for ya.

I could go on and on about this, but I think it's better we constrain this little debate to that.

Reply to Presidential Debate Tonight

You must be logged in to post a reply!