Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Panning a paper

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 3, '08 at 10:49pm

LordBob

LordBob

533 posts

all of us want to make a paper seem longer without writing, my english class and Ihas made many attempts to do this, but we always get caught, please help
so far we have
- changing the font
-changing the text style
-skipping lines between paragraphs
-putting statements that don't matter in the middle of a paragraph
-makeing the margins smaller
again please help!

Posted Feb 3, '08 at 10:52pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,068 posts

Knight

Highschool teachers know every trick in the book, they were kids tryign to figure out how to write longer papers too at our age = /

Posted Feb 3, '08 at 11:08pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Like NoName said, they know every trick in the book. Besides, and I know this will sound preachy and you probably won't take this advice, but it is just better to do it right and learn how to write a correct paper now. It will help out immensely later out. In high school, you can maybe get away with it, but once you get to college, they will catch you so fast it will make your head spin. Believe me, I was an expert BS-er. In high school I got an A in probably every single paper I wrote. When I got to college and did the same thing, all I got was a C. Which sucks when they are a high percentage of your grade! Needless to say I learned to write a real paper very quick.

But if you continue trying to get out of writing a quality paper, I guarantee that it will come back and bite you in the butt later. I know from experience.

Posted Feb 3, '08 at 11:52pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,179 posts

Knight

I just cannot ethically tell you how to extend the paper without being caught. But like Carlie said, it shouldn't be hard to add a bit more. I would be willing to proof read and add suggestions if you are stuck.

Posted Apr 30, '08 at 7:15pm

methelod

methelod

49 posts

You would need to add more details to it if not possible do your own research on thing.