Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

NaNoWriMo 2012

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 10:48pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

It's almost that time of year again, but it seems like no one is here.

Anyone else taking this up?

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 11:10pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

I knew this was coming...

I've got a killer idea for a political satire, but I think that I'll be too busy with school to put the effort into making an acceptable product. This is something I want to do, but it's either do this kr any number of Lab Relorts and Essays for my AP classes.

I am looking and will conti ue to look forward to reading everyone elses submissions though, yours included Gantic.

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 11:21pm

TackyCrazyTNT

TackyCrazyTNT

1,627 posts

I've been hemming and hawing since January about participating, came up with about three different storylines, and threw them all out the window, where they smashed into the concrete and died on impact. Not only that, but November will be crammed with College Apps D:
Unless I come up with something spectacular within the next week or so, I won't be participating, though I can't wait to see what ideas others have.
I was kind of looking forward to see what Mav could come up with but SOMEONE is getting an education instead of filling a month with caffeine and frenzied writing. Philistine. :P

Posted Oct 4, '12 at 11:29pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I was wondering when this was going to pop up :/

World History Honors is a killer this year... I'll make as much time to write as I can, but that doesn't ensure that I can even get half of the 40,000 words done. I mean... I think I hardly reached that last year... Lol.

However, if I do write a novel, I have become very intrigued with a vague satirical writing technique, in which case words would probably flow a lot easier and in which case I can evasively joke about stupid people. :P Hey, that's what metaphors are for!

Dang, now I really want to try. Expect me to be writing at least a quarter of the 40k. :D

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 1:17am

samdawghomie

samdawghomie

2,069 posts

40,000 words

I could of swore it was 50,000 words?

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 7:16am

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

I'm sitting out this one. I'm still working on the novel I did for last year's WriMo. I have 25,000 words. I don't expect to finish it by November.

Next year, maybe. It's not my goal to finish the book by the end of November, but I'd like a good jumpstart.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 8:53am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Yes! I shall be! For the fifth year, hopefully my fourth win. :)

I finish exams on the 10th, which is one day earlier than last year, so I should have no trouble with it...and will probably aim for around 60-70k.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 2:41pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

I have the oldest account here and I've never finished. That's how bad I am at this. I've got a title, and a premise as well as a scene I'd like to write, but that's it. Hopefully I'll have this fully outlined by the end of the month, so I can at least try to finish.

Add me if you'd like.

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 3:58pm

skydragon720

skydragon720

274 posts

40000 words? i dont think that i could do 500!

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 1:28am

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

I usually do 12.5k in two days, then miss a day and never get back on track.  This year I'm hoping to do a set of short stories and poems built around a theme of some sort rather than a single novel--as long as I'm producing 1667 words per day about something or a closely related set of somethings, I'm fine.

Reply to NaNoWriMo 2012

You must be logged in to post a reply!