Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

NaNoWriMo 2012

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 1:38am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I did it once for a class 3 years ago. Maybe next year. Maybe.

I already have several ideas in mind for a novel. I have a good Western story set up similar to a cliche John Wayne movie, but more in a satirical fashion. It seems like everyone is doing or wants to do satire so I might omit that one. I'm also getting a Sci-Fi mentality going, but I want to create some lore to go along with it before I actually write it. There's also an idea that could easily become a really bad movie, where a guy wakes up and discovers he has a phone with phones numbers to every government agency in the world and he can summon any military to his feet in a matter of minutes. That one's pretty far-fetched though, and I almost haven't any details for it. Lastly I'd like to do something with a superhero type character, but he decides to take a more neutral path and eliminate anything he considers a threat. He's similar to [PRTOTYPE]'s Alex Mercer, meaning he can shift his body tissue into almost anything and can adsorb more tissue to become stronger. That also requires some work because it's a little on-the-nose and it isn't anything different from what most people have seen.

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 11:10pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,152 posts

too bad theres no collaborative novels allowed...we could do a RP book where multiple paths collide and scatter and then boom climax and fizzle out

Posted Oct 6, '12 at 11:12pm

AatosLiukkonen

AatosLiukkonen

67 posts

Maybe, but probably not.

Depends on if my English teacher will give me a 100 for the semester if I do :D

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 7:35pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

Just for fun, I think I'll write up my NaNo in Minecraft after the month is over. (Assuming I finish.) I've been meaning to create a new library. It'll give me a reason to start gathering resources again (and a reason to finish).

256 characters per page
50 pages
~4.5 characters per word I write
>50,000 words
I'll need at least 18 books and quills.

Posted Oct 7, '12 at 10:05pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,152 posts

lol does that include all the drafts gantic :P

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 12:07pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

Nah. Just the final. I'd probably give myself several blank pages (probably 5?) every book for later corrections. Review and edit several times before I publish. Then I can also just replace a book instead of replacing the entire series.

Posted Oct 9, '12 at 5:28am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Ohh, that would make me die. I get so annoyed at the books in Minecraft! At least it would just be reproducing what you have already written, not starting from scratch.

Posted Oct 12, '12 at 3:54pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

It is built and can hold over 800 50k word novels (one novel per small chest). Over 900 if I optimize it. Over 1000 if they ever make bookshelves functional like chests.

Posted Oct 13, '12 at 11:38am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Did you cheat for the resources used in construction (coloring the wool could be tricky) or did you earn them by the sweat of your brow? I have to decide whether or not I respect you.

Posted Oct 13, '12 at 1:36pm

Gantic

Gantic

6,772 posts

I have a wool farm built for 8 sheep of every color.

Reply to NaNoWriMo 2012

You must be logged in to post a reply!