ForumsThe Tavern[necro] What rriinngg-tone do you have?!

13 7631
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I just struck me... as we live in the age of highly developed technology, we have the benefit of being completely mobile available with our cell phones!

http://www.scfx.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ring_tone.gif

New versions come out every few weeks and each has it's own features, but... what always stays the same is one key feature for every mobile phone: the Ringtone!

http://www.trashselector.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Picture-of-Music-Notes.jpg

Some prefer to have a simple one like the world wide known standard Nokia Ringtone®, whereas others like to 'imp' their mobile and make it more accustomed to their preference with a song or sound.

To kick off the discussion... I use a song called Stranger Than Paradise by "Sleeze Beez" and have it for over 2 years already! It is never used by anyone and has a nice buildup without scaring the crap out of you whenever someone calls. =)

So here it goes...

What's your ringtone and what are it's pro's and con's?

Discuss! =D

• 13 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i have "nagisas theme" as my ringtone and "yunas theme" as my alarm clock. not really suited for either but i like them

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I just use At&t tone because it's one of the only free ones for my phone and it's good enough. I hear it well enough and I'm pretty used to it now that I can hear it even if it's a pretty faint noise, and that's good enough for me!

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I have the opening intro to sweet child of mine.

That's also my alarm for pretty much everything. It makes me WANT to get up in the morning.

My text tone is the pokemon health center one from Ruby. Yeah, I'm pretty hardcore. xD

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

In my previous phone I had a Bugs Bunny tone. He said: "Heee, hello, this is Bugs, you're wanted on the telephone!"
Now I have a boring generic one since the Bugs Bunny tone wasn't available anymore.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

"Heee, hello, this is Bugs, you're wanted on the telephone!"

Oops, let's try again.
"Heee, hello, this is Bugs, hey doc, you're wanted on the telephone!"
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I have the first 30 seconds Back in Black as my ringtone.

~~~Darth Caedus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

My ringtone is Vintage Telephone...and, as you can guess, sounds like a vintage telephone when it rings!

I like the sound of it, and it isn't a ringtone a lot of people have so I find it quite unique!

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I use one of the default ringtones. It's called "Bollywood" and it sounds like an Indian dance song. Really good at getting my attention.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I go....silent.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Some prefer to have a simple one like the world wide known standard Nokia Ringtone®,

I hate that ringtone. Everywhere I went for years... AAAAHHHHH! (Pardon my cry of anguish.)

If I had a cell phone, and if that cell phone had the option for custom ringtones, it would definitely be the Super Mario Bros. Theme.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I usually just have my phone on vibrate. My ringtone is just one of the normal ones though. On my old phone I had the numa numa song as my ringtone.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

The ringtone on my phone is a song I have in my playlist on my phone. I set the song "Sehnsucht" by Rammstein to be my ringtone. I like it because at the beginning of the song you hear a weird sound I think immediately "Hey, my phones ringing". I get weird looks when I get a phone call but thats what Im going for. I want to have the song "Name of the Game" by Crystal Method as my ringtone. And for those of you who have heard that song you can kinda see why I want it as a ringtone...

Showing 1-12 of 13