ForumsThe TavernMoney

44 7944
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Is it the root of all evil or does it rock your world? How do you feel about money?

• 44 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, if you don't invest, you end up with less, so either way, you'll end up with more than you had before.

You either invest or spend it.

France has a ridiculous tax rate, all the rich will be flocking out of it. Poor chaps. 75% is massive.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Luxembourg is the world's richest country from an average standpoint. Or, that's what I'm told. Maybe I'll go there someday and buy a nice, cheap house for, say, 3 mill.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Luxembourg is the world's richest country from an average standpoint. Or, that's what I'm told. Maybe I'll go there someday and buy a nice, cheap house for, say, 3 mill.

Luxemburg is the wealthiest country, with the highest standards of living. The citizens don't even pay taxes, if I remember.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The citizens don't even pay taxes, if I remember.

Excuse me...I need to go pack some suitcases...

France has a ridiculous tax rate, all the rich will be flocking out of it. Poor chaps. 75% is massive.

The first time I heard about it I thought "wow..75% increase on the riches taxes...wonder what it was before" Then I found out it was a solid 75% for their taxes, and not an increase by 75%, and I just sat there for a few moments trying to wrap my head around it. Absolutely absurd
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Luxembourg is the world's richest country from an average standpoint.

Recent sources are saying Qatar has surpassed Luxembourg... looks like we've got a competition on our hands!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Qatar has a higher GINI coefficient. Rather live in Luxembourg.

They have a marginal tax rate of 39% though. And it's an expensive place to live in, so it isn't all rosy and cosy.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Jumping into the conversation, I would say that money is something that is a required evil. Even at its best, money would cause just as many problems as it would solve. Morals, something that would make a world of difference. I think the concept of money is sound, the execution is just lacking.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Qatar offers completely free college. Absolutely, completely free at any college in the country. That also means their taxes are so high you couldn't live there 1 week without going bankrupt.

ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

I like it, I am cheap though and hardly use any of it out of my 330 in my wallet. I am saving up for something that I don't know of yet.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Qatar offers completely free college. Absolutely, completely free at any college in the country. That also means their taxes are so high you couldn't live there 1 week without going bankrupt

Now I can go broke in multiple countries at once. That's great.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

They have a marginal tax rate of 39% though.

What about the Danish tax system?
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I hate to talk about taxes as it's the gouvernment shovelling money into their own pockets, so I'll go ahead and simply address the threads topic on a personal basis...

I think money is a neccessary evil... you really do need it to make a living and feed you and your family, but it can also present you a nice way to buy stuff you really don't need.
It's a two-way situation for me and this will never change I'm afraid... you need it badly to sustain, but you don't need it to restrain. =/

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Is it the root of all evil or does it rock your world? How do you feel about money?

My name is Shona, and I am a Spendaholic.
I think money is both the root of all evil and rocks my world.

I've always earned a decent enough wage, a wage which will allow me not to die of starvation or frost-bite, but i have a legitimate problem with spending. I'll shop 'till i drop, and before you crack any girl shopping jokes, it's not even normal. I don't mean i'll go out and drop a load of cash on a nice new outfit - i'll buy whatever i see first. I live about 3x my means - drink a starbucks or two every day, will buy stuff for dinner even though there's plenty in the fridge. Most of my money goes on my dvd collection. I'm also prone to the spontaneous trip away somewhere. For example, i start my new job tomorrow and so with the last bit of money i had booked a flight to England to see my girl, and since i'm earning again, booked a hotel for the week too just because i could.

Serious problem.

Savings? Couldn't tell you what that means !
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

drink a starbucks or two every day

I work at Starbucks, so people like you are great for business.

I found this thread on the second page of the tavern without even realizing that I started it a few days ago. I have the mind of a stoner and I don't even smoke. Go figure.
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

I think money is both the root of all evil and rocks my world.

Eye to eye on that, except for the evil part. Does anybody like the smell of money?

Showing 16-30 of 44