Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is the world coming to an end?

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 7:49am

Rageness113

Rageness113

9 posts

it's coming . . .the date is near. . .give me your opinions about the 12-21-12 date if the world is coming to an end

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 8:27am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

A claim grounded in nothing. Even my coffee powder is better and more solidly grounded....

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 10:21am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

we done that about a year ago.

www.2012hoax.org
all answers you will need.

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 10:53am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,072 posts

Knight

I can't access the website, my computer short circuited after Y2K.

There really isn't much to say. There's no evidence what-so-ever to support that the world will end this year. I suppose the world could end any moment from some horrible space incident that nobody saw coming. Sure, if the world ended on December 21st of this year, you could argue that people did see it coming, but would those claims be considered predictions, or merely coincidences? I guess we'll have to debate this if and after the world ends in December.

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 11:30am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

How is it the Mayans predict Doomsday thousands of years later, but fail to predict the Spanish?

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 11:47am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

Short answer: LOL

More detailed opinion: the Mayans never predicted the end of the world (no, Masterforger, they didn't). There are no other signs, independent of ancient myths, that would even hint at such a thing. But people always liked to get themselves worried about things like the end of the world, sort of a human hobby close to psychcological self-flagellation (just look at all the people committing suicide because of end-of-the-world predictions). I can only laugh at such predictions and roll the eyes when meeting people who believe such crap.

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 12:05pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,072 posts

Knight

More detailed opinion: the Mayans never predicted the end of the world (no, Masterforger, they didn't).

He knows, that was the joke. : )

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 12:27pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

World will end.
When?
I don't know.
How?
I don't know.
All I know is that its inevitable.
So why be afraid of it?

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 12:41pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

He knows, that was the joke. : )

Oh.. I kinda oversaw that, heh. People who think they did predict it are just too common -.- Sorry Masterforger!

Posted Oct 8, '12 at 1:08pm

WorstSniper

WorstSniper

340 posts

I am actually looking forward to 12/21/12, then the day after I can laugh in every believers face.

Reply to Is the world coming to an end?

You must be logged in to post a reply!