ForumsWEPRIs the world coming to an end?

35 13036
Rageness113
Rageness113
9 posts
Nomad

it's coming . . .the date is near. . .give me your opinions about the 12-21-12 date if the world is coming to an end

• 35 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

A claim grounded in nothing. Even my coffee powder is better and more solidly grounded....

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

we done that about a year ago.

www.2012hoax.org
all answers you will need.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I can't access the website, my computer short circuited after Y2K.

There really isn't much to say. There's no evidence what-so-ever to support that the world will end this year. I suppose the world could end any moment from some horrible space incident that nobody saw coming. Sure, if the world ended on December 21st of this year, you could argue that people did see it coming, but would those claims be considered predictions, or merely coincidences? I guess we'll have to debate this if and after the world ends in December.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

How is it the Mayans predict Doomsday thousands of years later, but fail to predict the Spanish?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Short answer: LOL

More detailed opinion: the Mayans never predicted the end of the world (no, Masterforger, they didn't). There are no other signs, independent of ancient myths, that would even hint at such a thing. But people always liked to get themselves worried about things like the end of the world, sort of a human hobby close to psychcological self-flagellation (just look at all the people committing suicide because of end-of-the-world predictions). I can only laugh at such predictions and roll the eyes when meeting people who believe such crap.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

More detailed opinion: the Mayans never predicted the end of the world (no, Masterforger, they didn't).

He knows, that was the joke. : )
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

World will end.
When?
I don't know.
How?
I don't know.
All I know is that its inevitable.
So why be afraid of it?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

He knows, that was the joke. : )

Oh.. I kinda oversaw that, heh. People who think they did predict it are just too common -.- Sorry Masterforger!
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,471 posts
Nomad

I am actually looking forward to 12/21/12, then the day after I can laugh in every believers face.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Ah it's Armageddon, run! Don't worry, Bruce Willis will blow up the giant meteorite heading for Earth (Aerosmith song playing in the background).

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

12-21-12.the world ends.for the 439th time.Killersup has been a ghost for the past 20,so he could really give a **** if the world ends or not.You foolish humans need to learn what death is like anyway.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Oh.. I kinda oversaw that, heh. People who think they did predict it are just too common -.- Sorry Masterforger!

I take no offense.

Anyway, lies, lies, and more wonderful lies. Plus, why buy a survival kit? If I incited doomsday, it would be total. No survivors. Stupid humans.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

The world is going to end! hurry and give all your money to charity, so you can go to heaven!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

A pretty morbid interest of mine...but I'd love to see the suicide numbers for that date. So many people are scared from just a simple stone tablet!

So many ways to debunk it...my favorite is the face that the Mayans didn't have leap year in their calender...so technically...the world ended a few months ago if we go by their calender

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS!?

We either get a ghost thread, an alien thread, or an Armageddon thread every two weeks. The scary part is that people continue to participate in them.

The idea was created to sell movies. /nuffsaid

Showing 1-15 of 35