ForumsPopular MediaThe Walking Dead

167 71187
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Big fan of the zombie show. Anybody else?

• 167 Replies
116 posts
Nomad

Merle could've learned from his past encounter with them. He lost his hand because of it after all. I'm sure he's gotten smarter and wouldn't just charge in. I don't think he has a way in either.

Merle doesn't exactly seem like someone who would learn from his mistakes but it's not impossible he's trying to be stealthier.

But if he's been watching them (I'd guess long enough to be before they got to the prison, otherwise he wouldn't have known they were there) he would have watched them get in and done the same thing...
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

For example, When rick first meets the group and him and Glenn walk around covered in Zombie guts to hide their smell... Then on the highway they hide under the cars and the Zombies don't smell them?

I disagree, there is a pretty big difference in these two scenarios. In the first scenario Rock and Glenn walk in the middle of the zombies where the walkers can see them, so it's necessary to look and smell like one of them. In the second scenario you have already hidden from them and you already smell from weeks without bathing and you're in the middle of a highway surrounded by smelly corpses making you smell as them.

I'm pretty sure this weeks episode will focus of Andrea, Michonne and the Governor. And maybe a little of the prison

It may be 50/50 on both of these parties, after all you did have that person stalking and watching the prison at the end of the last episode, can't ignore that.
116 posts
Nomad

I disagree, there is a pretty big difference in these two scenarios. In the first scenario Rock and Glenn walk in the middle of the zombies where the walkers can see them, so it's necessary to look and smell like one of them. In the second scenario you have already hidden from them and you already smell from weeks without bathing and you're in the middle of a highway surrounded by smelly corpses making you smell as them.

Yeah, but if smell is such a big part of recognizing the humans and zombies are always on the hunt I'm sure they'd be looking for some human scent. Blood hounds still smell what they are looking for when they aren't looking right at it.. And I know they stink... But I don't think their smell is quite comparable to that of rotting flesh. I see where you're coming from, but I still kind of stick with that being a mistake.

It may be 50/50 on both of these parties, after all you did have that person stalking and watching the prison at the end of the last episode, can't ignore that.

The reason I think it'll be nearly all Governor and no Prison is because the "Next time on.." consisted of 100% clips of Michonne, Andrea and The Governor from what I remember. (Well, maybe 99% if you include Merle's 1%)
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

What the hell? I can understand killing the soldiers because more supplies and less mouths to feed, though if he kept them alive that would be more security. But what I don't understand is why he has those heads in fish tanks. Anyone care to explain?

116 posts
Nomad

What the hell? I can understand killing the soldiers because more supplies and less mouths to feed, though if he kept them alive that would be more security. But what I don't understand is why he has those heads in fish tanks. Anyone care to explain?

From what I have read and read about from the comics I don't really know, but I'd say it was just something to show how insane he was.

Also, there wasn't enough food for all those soldiers plus who they have I would guess
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

He's maintaining his power. He doesn't want a bunch of soldiers who have pride in what they do thinking they can take over.

As far as the heads in the fish tanks, I think the basic point of that scene was to show the head of the injured soldier from the helicopter whom the Governor promised he'd find his friends. They wanted to show just how evil and heartless the guy can be.
116 posts
Nomad

As far as the heads in the fish tanks, I think the basic point of that scene was to show the head of the injured soldier from the helicopter whom the Governor promised he'd find his friends

I thought that was who it was, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying that though!
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

But what I don't understand is why he has those heads in fish tanks. Anyone care to explain?

If I were to be so ambitious as to care to guess why those heads are in the fish tanks I would say it's a hobby he has (such as collecting postcards)
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

It was a mind=blown moment when I realized why the African woman did those things to her "slave" zombies. Oh and can someone tell me her name? I just started watching the show I was at about the 5th to last episode of season two so I knew why they left the farm but that's about it.(don't tell me I have to watch from the beginning because it's not happening.)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They wanted to show just how evil and heartless the guy can be.

I guessed he was gonna kill that soldier from the moment I saw that look on his face, he didn't look like he cared much for him or his friends when he said he was going to help them.
Oh and can someone tell me her name?

Michonne.
116 posts
Nomad

(don't tell me I have to watch from the beginning because it's not happening.)

There's only like 10 episodes before that, I don't see why you wouldn't... It's worth the watch
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I think he just killed the soldiers for supplies. But why didn't the soldiers turn? Or did they just not show that part?

And does anyone else wonder why Merle has such good aim when he has a knife for a hand?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

But why didn't the soldiers turn?

Think they were all shot in the head.
And does anyone else wonder why Merle has such good aim when he has a knife for a hand?

I was wondering the same thing when I saw him grab the assault rifle and kill zombies at a distance.
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm maybe I will then, I might watch on YouTube or amc website don't have netflix (I know)

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks Matrix, finished watching the 3rd episode earlier, and the leader of that group is straight up EVIL, why would he kill the military people >
And now I know why they had all those guns when the girl asked why....

Showing 46-60 of 167