ForumsForum GamesHeroes vs. Villains {RPG}

224 37018
Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

SO

This is an RPG that was once somewhat popular in these parts, so I decided to start it up again. Credit for the idea goes to whoever started it (don't remember the name).

2015. In less than a decade, over 15 unique wars have already happened. The world has become more and more violent, and the need for new weapons has become necessary. And so, the top scientists from a few of the world's major countries got together and created an antibody, to be used as a biological. However, the antibody had a variety of different effects on humans, and now these "infected" people have become known as superhumans. One of the most important facts though, is that you are one of them.

Will you use your powers for good, or evil? Using your powers, you can do anything you want. Make a name for yourself as a superhero, become the newest on the world government's wanted list, or simply keep them a secret and go about your life? You decide. However, a word of advice: beware the W.S.E.T.

Name: (Anything you want, 2 to 3 words, try not to make it over 2 characters in all)
Nickname: (What most people call you, can be your own hero/villain stage name, or just a casual, friendly nickname you have)
Age: (17 to 70 years old, please don't have any "immortal" powers)
Affiliation: (Hero or villian; you can even be neither if you want: mercenary, neutral person, etc.)
Power: (Can be anything really, but don't make it too overpowered: it must have a weakness, and it must not be able to destroy a town or wipe out the military)
Health: 100/100
Stamina: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: (Height, body build, weight, hair, eyes, etc., doesn't have to be that specific, just describe your character however you want)
Bio: (A short description of how the player got their powers (Unless they don't have them yet), where they're from, etc.)
Personality: (Basically how the hero/villain reacts to most things, likes/dislikes, etc.)
Honor: (basically how honorable people think you are: if you're a backstabbing traitor, then enemies will go at you full force, while if you give people last requests, admit defeat, etc., then people won't be as fearful of you, and enemies might be more lenient about taking you down.
Reputation: (How well you are known: the higher your reputation, the better gifts you'll receive, but you'll also draw more attention from the enemy)
Fame: (How you are known, basically how good or bad people think you are)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money: $500 (What do you think it's used for? XP)
Clothing: (Anything you want, as long as it doesn't increase your physical or mental state)
Weapons: None (Anything that you can use for fighting, besides your powers; you can give yourself one signature or weak weapon, but don't make it too powerful)
Equipment: None (Items that can help you in different ways, such as flashlights, bullet-proof vests, rope, etc.)
Aid: None (Any food, drink or drug that can help you)
Other: None (Just, well, random stuff...)

You can pick on of these storylines to start off with:
A) You wake up in a dark alley at about noon, can't remember anything from last night.
B) You wake up in the small, one story apartment in which you live in, to the sounds of knocking on the door, and people yelling outside.
C) You wake up in a small concrete room, tied to a chair with nothing else but a table in front of you with a chair and door on the other side.
D) You wake up at a campsite in a forest in the middle of the night, with nothing but trees around you.
E) Make up your own intro (Can be anything you want, as long as it's something that's either normal or expected from a superhuman).

I shall respond to the first players tomorrow.

• 224 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Name: Blue Wing
Nickname: Blue
Affiliation: Neutral
Power: Animal communication
Description: Short, skinny, light, long black hair, Black eyes.
Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
Honor: 0
Fame: 0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money: $500
Clothing: T-shirt, jeans
Weapons: None
Equipment: None
Aid: None
Other: None

ill stop and ask him what he wants

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Eclipsis Vexin
Nickname: Eclipse
Power: Insect manipulation
Description: Short brown hair, Steely blue grey eyes, about 6'4" Caucasian, two horrible scars down his back most likely one by blow torches
Bio: Jon grew up a fairly normal child before being given the antibody at age 10 afterwards he started to experience strange things happening to him such as insects being attracted to him and such, one day during high school on a test he hadn't studied for a bug burrowed out of his hand painlessly, and went around looking at other peoples test when the bug came back it seemingly spoke to him, it was that day that his powers manifested.
Personality: Cold, Detached, and sometimes to people he knows very well SOMETIMES kind
Fame: 2
Clothing: Dark green jacket, Fedora, Fishnet shirt, black cargo pants, Black Boots

"I have scarab beetles because im helping my friend with a research project that has to do with chemical effects on different species of beetles, im still alive because i used a specialized pheromone that confused their senses making them think im one of them and they went to their other tank because i let a trail of pheremones to it that made them think there was food there"

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Name: Jericho Williams
Nickname: Drago
Power: Heightened stamina, senses, strength and agility.
Description: Normal stature, muscular, black hair, shaved.
Bio: Found in the desert by an ex soldier at the age of two, Drago grew up in the Arena, a trading post and a place where most mercenaries, or men looking to flee from justice, rest and occasionally battle in brutal pit fights for money. He, thanks to the training of his adoptive father Dante, became one of the best fighters and mercenaries of the city. He got his powers after a revolution against the former governor, due to being the test subject of an experimental serum.
Personality: Always joking and taking things in a non-serious manner. He's the type of guy that would punch Death just to laugh at it's face.
Clothing: Sunglasses, black leather jacket with a blue shirt under. Jeans and boots.
Weapons: Betty [A modified revolver capable of shooting 10 .308 rounds per magazine at a quick rate](10/10)
h
" It was a sunny day. Our armies were fighting those of the old governor. We hated him. He wanted to close the Arena and turn us into some sort of army under his command. He worked with some sort of organization. We were going to become slaves throwing our lives away.
We hitted back. And winned. I was captured in the final assault, and the enemy injected me with that serum. They had crates full of that thing. I managed to flee."

"Nothing else...?"- asked again the man.

"One of them had superpowers, I think. Sand manipulation. That's how they got me."

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Zinnaora Pendragon
Nickname: Dark Lady Wolf (Heroic title) or Zin(by friends and family)
Affiliation: Hero
Power: Shadow/darkness manipulation
Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Personality: Loyal, easy to anger, playful, quiet, smart
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants, a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross

As much as I like the way the villagers live I can't make it as a hero in such a small place. I follow the road that leads out.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Charlie Hewitt
Nickname: None
Power: Structural manipulation
Description: 6'1, scrawny, black hair, blue eyes, pale skin
Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a surprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes.

Can they at least get a warrant out for the group?

Nothing else to do but to return to the apartment. When I return though, I approach my door like I was about to breach a room.

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

Name: Justin Erwin
Power: Electromagnetism
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: 6ft. 2in., Brown Hair, White Skin, Electric Blue Eyes, 220 lbs.
Bio: Justin was walking down main street with his girlfriend Sarah Curtis when an odd chain of events happened. Some Aurora Lights that were way down south from the North Pole combined with a lightning strike and hit Justin square in the chest. Sarah was unaffected but Justin was unconscious...he should have been dead.
Personality: Kind,caring,hopeful,determined.
Clothing: Mountain Dew Shirt (with sweatshirt when it's cold), Blue Jeans (cold weather) Cargo Shorts (warm weather), Hiking Boot-Tennis Shoe mix.
Aid: Pack of Five (brand) Gum

"No that will be all." I get dressed, then follow him outside the hospital.

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

Name: Otto
Nickname: Gigantor
Power: Body growth manipulation
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: 6â3â, short brown hair, 210 Lb.
Bio: Fresh out of high school when the infection hit, I was completely helpless to save my mother. The infection gave my powers while it took the life of my mother. With my father dead in the war and the government rounding up âfreaks,â I had nothing left to lose. I left town to prove that I wasnât a monster.
Personality: Friendly but relentless
Rep: 0
Clothing: Blue jeans, logo t-shirt, light jacket
----------------------------------------------------------

"Strange," I continue exploring, walking down the street, keeping my distance from houses and allyways

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Stamina: 83/100
Hunger: 94/100
Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stop, and he keeps walking forward, coming up to you as he has already realized that you know he's following you. You ask him, and he responds, in a completely emotionless voice, "To talk. Do you have a minute?"

Name: Jon Eclipsis Vexin
Nickname: Eclipse
Power: Insect manipulation
Description: Short brown hair, Steely blue grey eyes, about 6'4" Caucasian, two horrible scars down his back most likely one by blow torches
Bio: Jon grew up a fairly normal child before being given the antibody at age 10 afterwards he started to experience strange things happening to him such as insects being attracted to him and such, one day during high school on a test he hadn't studied for a bug burrowed out of his hand painlessly, and went around looking at other peoples test when the bug came back it seemingly spoke to him, it was that day that his powers manifested.
Personality: Cold, Detached, and sometimes to people he knows very well SOMETIMES kind
Fame: 2
Clothing: Dark green jacket, Fedora, Fishnet shirt, black cargo pants, Black Boots

The men look eachother, never having dealt with a situation like this before. After a minute of thought, one of them says "Hold on," and goes a bit away from the situation, calling headquarters and asking some questions that you cannot hear. The other officer is still at the door, gun out but not as worried. What do you do?

Stamina: 95/100
Hunger: 97/100
Bio: Found in the desert by an ex soldier at the age of two, Drago grew up in the Arena, a trading post and a place where most mercenaries, or men looking to flee from justice, rest and occasionally battle in brutal pit fights for money. He, thanks to the training of his adoptive father Dante, became one of the best fighters and mercenaries of the city. He got his powers after a revolution against the former governor, due to being the test subject of an experimental serum.
Personality: Always joking and taking things in a non-serious manner. He's the type of guy that would punch Death just to laugh at it's face.
Clothing: Sunglasses, black leather jacket with a blue shirt under. Jeans and boots.
Weapons: Betty [A modified revolver capable of shooting 10 .308 rounds per magazine at a quick rate](10/10)

He nods, thinking for a second. "Sand manipulation...we'll have to research that a bit... Well that's done. Now the more important part of this conversation: our job offer. First off, you should know that we are the W.S.T.E.T. Does that sound familiar to you at all?"

Stamina: 75/100
Hunger: 80/100
Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants, a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross

You do so. After two hours or so of walking, you come across a small town. This one can actually be considered a town though. From the top of the hill your on, you can see that it's maybe 13-15 miles in diameter, and has quite a variety of buildings, including all the ones that you would expect in a modern city. It is getting close to noon, and you are very tired. What do you do first?

Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a surprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.

You try to get a warrant out for the group, but an officer tells you that unless they become a real threat to the community, then they would rather not use up cops on the job. As you approach your door and get closer to it, you cannot hear anything inside, and nothing happens. What do you do?

Bio: Justin was walking down main street with his girlfriend Sarah Curtis when an odd chain of events happened. Some Aurora Lights that were way down south from the North Pole combined with a lightning strike and hit Justin square in the chest. Sarah was unaffected but Justin was unconscious...he should have been dead.
Personality: Kind, caring, hopeful, determined.
Clothing: Mountain Dew Shirt (with sweatshirt when it's cold), Blue Jeans (cold weather) Cargo Shorts (warm weather), Hiking Boot-Tennis Shoe mix.
Aid: Pack of Five Orbit Gum

The man leads you out of the hospital and through the small-ish city that you are located in, with the two other men in suits following behind you at all times. The man leads you to a small, seemingly normal cafe near a park, going inside and leading you to a two-person table, while the other two men sit at a table behind you. The man puts down the cane that he has been using next to his seat. "Alright, I'm sure you must have at least one or more questions you want to ask, so I'd like you to ask those before we get going to business. So, anything you'd like to know?" A waiter comes by and he orders 'The usual.' "Anything you want?"

Bio: Fresh out of high school when the infection hit, I was completely helpless to save my mother. The infection gave my powers while it took the life of my mother. With my father dead in the war and the government rounding up âfreaks,â I had nothing left to lose. I left town to prove that I wasnât a monster.

There are not much alleys to dodge, as the buildings are all loosely spaced. However you do stay away from the buildings, walking down the street. It seems that the people here live in isolation from the government, providing from themselves and living as one with nature. It seems quite peaceful there. What do you do now?

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I get on the side of my door with the door knob. I open the door quickly and get back to cover.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

I get to the town and find an inn to stay in for now.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

"ok" as i listen and talk i will also be ready to just run away in case he is dangerous

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

"We-Shoot-The-Endangered-Tyrannosaurus? Or did I confuse you with that crazy hermit I met some time ago?"

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

"I'll have a cheeseburger, fries and Mountain Dew please. (Turns to old man) Well for one i'd like to know what I did in the military."

ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look for a police station, city hall, or other official looking building and enter

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

So sorry for the late post, I've been facing a few...complications, recently. :/

Right when you open the door, you hear a short beep, and a red blinking light appears at the edge of your vision. You hear a voice that says: "Don't move." What do you do?

You do so. You find an inn to stay at for the moment, costing $30 per night. Your room is pretty simplistic, containing a bed, bathroom, dresser, closet, table and two chairs. On the first floor of the inn there is a small restaurant, and the inn itself is located near the outskirts of the town. Anything else you'd like to do?

He nods, and looks around. "Mind if we go somewhere else first?"

The man chuckles a bit. "No, that's not it. W.S.T.E.T. stands for the Worldwide Superhuman Threat Elimination Team. Our job is to eliminate...well, people like you, who have shown themselves to be dangerous to the world government and public at large. So, we get rid of anyone with superpowers who can't use them wisely. Get it?"

The waiter nods and leaves. Then the old man answers you. "Well, you were pretty high up in your field of the military. You were put in charge of taking care of any...failed experiments that the military might have produced. You were quite passionate about your job, really. That's really the whole reason you're in your current situation." The waiter comes back to put down the two orders you made, after which she leaves again. "Before we continue, tell me, can you remember anything of the SDE antibody? Have you maybe heard of it, or maybe it sounds familiar?"

The nearest official-looking building that you can find is what seems to be the town hall, which you enter. As you do so, you see that it seems to be made like a miniature auditorium, seats taking up most of the buildings space, with a few doors and a podium on the other side. You see someone sitting at the stage that the podium is set on, apparently either napping or thinking something over. What do you do?

Showing 106-120 of 224